The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #23
R&B51

Re: Cab install jig?

Fred N Ethel,
He was helping with my crummy pics, here's another attempt to send some better ones. This is a HF hoist and the end is just a little bigger than the receiver the hitch goes in on the truck, so took the hook off, slid the hitch in, cut a hole to match the pin from hitch or bolt already in hoist. Then this pic is wrong in that to use this, I flipped the ball upward (just took off my Bronco for this pic).
The frame upside down in pics from how you use it-is just a rectangle that fits across the level upper doorway of cab, I nailed cross braces on ends where it was centered side to side. The center brace has (3) 2x4's and center one has a few holes drilled front to back to allow the cab to sit level when pick up. I'm pretty sure I used the front most one. When you lift with hoist, it just sits level side to side and front to back on that one pivot point. Really stable and easy to move and position alone.
Cab dolly is long enough to tilt cab up on that firewall slant and prop up to work on bottom of it.
Again, these are all ideas I saw from someone smarter than me I think on this site.
We're all really standing on someone else's shoulders.

Should I be able to see the pics before sending? Just show up as "ATTACH..." files on the reply.

Name:  IMG_3743.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3750.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3751.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  39.6 KB
R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote