The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
rharris

1931 Model A

Hopefully nobody minds me posting this up here. I'm pretty proud of it so I wanted to share. It is a 1931 Ford Model A (roadster, I think). It definitely isn't a car I would go looking for, but I really like it now that I have been driving it. The history of the car is what is special to me. My Uncle likes to restore 1956 Bel Airs. not 55, not 57, just 56. I'm not sure why, I will have to ask him next time I see him. Anyway, he purchased this car from his cousin who inherited it, along with a lot of old thunderbirds after my great Uncle died. My great Uncle purchased this car in 1957 for $50 and took his drivers license test in it, so the story goes. When he passed, he had a nephew living with him. He never had children or married. Probably some of the reason he was able to have all the cars. Anyway, the nephew got the house and everything he had. My Uncle tried to purchase it but the asking price was a bit out of line. The nephew tried selling it a for a while and couldn't. He then called my Uncle and a fair enough price was agreed upon. He finished it and hasn't driven it much. He has been after me for a few years to come get it and drive it. This year he quit asking and told me to come get it. He told me he was going to will it to me since I'm the one out of 6 cousins that appreciates cars. He knows I will never sell it, and that the family history means more to me than the value of the car. It's sounding like he wants me to keep it now, instead of later. So here she is - Great Uncle Sonny/Uncle Tim's/Soon to be Ryan's 1931 Ford Model A. Hope you all like the pictures. I would like to have the blue painted a factory color - most likely olive. I'm not sure if the tan on the wheels was factory or not. Id like them to be painted as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by rharris; 09-23-2018 at 01:50 PM.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote