The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
67 fastback

Parts list

Hey guys. Been a member here for quite a while. Lurk more than post though. Anyhow, getting ready to fire in on a engine swap on my 67. I've already swapped it to 4 wheel power disc brakes (5 lug), power steering, and lowered it some. I have new springs to go into the already rebuilt suspension.

Current engine is a 350 or 327 (never measured the stroke) with a 700r4 swap that I lost interest in. I have everything but the torque bolted to the flex when I decided to make this truck my daily driver by swapping in a 5.3/4l60e from a 03 Sliverado. Engine is sitting in the garage along with the truck ready to go. Still got to cut the harness and such.

Plan is to do away with the factory clutch fan and run an aftermarket aluminum radiator and electric fans. Should I get adjustable motor mounts to push the engine forward?

Looking for suggestions on the best course of action as far as engine mounts, headers, and other odds and ends. I want to do this once and do it right.

Pics to come.

Bill