The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Cesar Diaz

Trouble with clutch and transmission

Hey truck enthusiasts,

I jack up my 1972 C10 took all the clutch, brake, E brake mechanism, steering column and prepped it for paint and reinstall along with the shift lever, I have 4 on the floor. Got everything back together installed shift lever and decided to start the truck. It’s still on jack stands.

I put it in neutral fired it up and I notice it sounded rough, then I realized the drive axle was spinning. I tried pushing in the clutch and shifted into gear no prob then back to neutral and drive axle is still spinning.

Not sure what’s going on. A few weeks ago I was traveling and I had someone adjust the clutch rod under the truck because sometimes when I go to shift into (granny gear or first it grinds a bit ) could that be the problem. I’m confused, it was fine before I disconnected the shift lever.

Clutch is only 1 year old and it was doing the grinding into granny or first since I had it done. Only does it sometimes. Shop that did the clutch sucked they didn’t even notice the ball stud on the engine side was broken. They said they adjusted what they could I fixed all of that so no more issues there.

Any advice would Be welcome.