The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #1
JJk10

Talking Been a while

It's been some time since I posted or even came to thise page..must have been back in may at least...lot has changed...I went home for a week in may/june and worked on my truck while wating to be the best man at a wedding..I installed the 4"lift and my brother finished welding in the new floor, rockers, and cab supports and we installed a seat and seatbelts from a 1988 Chev, which gave me a little more foot and gut room. We did run into some trouble, my brother was suppose to have it finished by the time I got home from California but that did not happen so we still had to bolt on all the front end sheet metal and doors. I had to have the plates that go on top on the springs in the rear built and managed to strip one of my new stainless brake lines..one bad thing is that while I was cutting off a rusted bolt from the axel the angle grinder kicked back into my face..it sliced open my chin in a y shape about 2 " long...can beat that when you are the best man in a wedding within the next three days..I tried my best to grow a goatee. The worst thing about it was that I only got to drive the truck one day, I brought it down to get the motor vehicle inspection and took it out for a romp along some woods roads..I wish I had the front driveshaft fixed...well that and an exhaust is next..I wont be back home until chrismass and only for a few days..but its nice to have the truck instead of a rental car.Sorry about the long post but its been a while.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
ThreeQuarter

Man, that's crazy--I was just thinking this afternoon "Where's JJk10 been?" kinda creepy

Glad to hear you're getting to work on it at least occasionally. Loved the wedding story, there's always somebody in the wedding party that it happens to...

Hope Califonia is treating you well. Have you spent time on a fireline this summer? Good to hear from you!
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 01:50 AM   #3
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

glad to see youv been getting progress done on the truck i wish i was able to drive mine yet
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote