The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
ty1295

Bad day, but HAPPY

During lunch today, I was turning around in a driveway, backing up at about 1mph, front dropped off driveway onto road maybe 2" or so, nothing drastic, and BAM! front right lower ball joint snapped, taking brake line with it.

So there I sit, truck isn't moving an inch in this condition. Time for tow truck.

Off home with truck then back to work.

I am VERY glad, as last night I had my 2 1/2yr old in truck with me driving down highway, and 20miles from home, not the 5 I was today. If it would have let go at 55, it would have been much worse. So I am HAPPY.

I already had all the disc brake parts here, just had not planned on installed this soon.

I have a question, does anybody have the schematic of the brake lines, in particular the porportioning valve in/outs. The parts I have, all the lines were cut. I want to make sure I get it right.

Any info would be helpful, along with anything else needed on the disc upgrades. I just ordered the PST front kit today, so it should be here mid week next week.

Now gotta find me some cheap 5 lug wheels.

If anybody in Louisville area wants the old drum stuff, let me know. Price you can't refuse.

Jeff
'92 GMC typhoon
'95 Tahoe
ty1295 is offline   Reply With Quote