The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
piker

Help can't see

My windsheilds wipers work sometimes but the problem is the right side does'nt go all the way down. they it starts to go more to the left these cause the left side to not go all the way down and on the up cycle it go,s more to the right until it catchs on the side of my truck ... Then I have to stop and push the wiper down all the way and they will work for about 20 times then start this cycle again need some help been raining alot here .
piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
dailydragger03

Re: Help can't see

The mechanism that connects the wipers is called a transmission. There are bushings in all of the connections. I haven't taken any wipers apart on a 99+ truck, but the bushings are what i would suspect from your description. Most parts stores just have universal bushings in different sizes.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Underpowered

Re: Help can't see

either the bushings, or could be the wiper on itself.

teh wiper on these trucks fit over a tapered, and knurled cone. the the inside of the wiper arm itself is not knurled to match the cone, just a soft metal. both mine on my 03 have stripped before, causign a similar problem. each arm is held on by only 1 bolt, and can be popped of fairly easily. i think i paid abour $20 each new at the dealer for new arms

1995 Jeep ZJ aka "the Heep"
Underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote