The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2003, 01:29 AM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

67-67 chevy hoods same as 67-68 gmc hoods?

hey guys do you know if 67-8 chev and 67-8 gmc hoods are the same, i know the gmc;s dont have the holes for the letters but are they the same because i have one of each, tonite me and my dad bolted the gmc hood one the chevy clip because it was in better shape, well turns out that it didnt fit worth a damn, the gap from the edge of the hood to the fenders on eachside was about a half and inch..does this sound right? and at the back corners where it meets with the cowl it was about 3/16ths or so of an inch down...we tried shimming but didnt really work out so for chits and giggles we stuck the dirty old orginal chevy hood back on and it fit like a hot damn, whats with this guys?

Derek

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 06:12 AM   #2
GMCPaul

The GMC hood and Chevy hoods are identical in size ( or I should say as identical in size as GM tolerances allowed, its all in the shimming, grab a dozen hoods and only 2-3 will fit identical in most cases. Your front sheetmetal was shimmed and adjusted on a hydraulic jig to get the fit they have before being installed on your truck as a complete assembly by GM when it was built new.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote