The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
57picupnewbie
'57 Rosa

Re: 57 Build: Beverly

Go to CAL 58 GMC Build Thread post #14. It shows his rear end from a Blazer.

Only two defining forces have ever died for us: CHRIST died for our salvation and VETERANS died for our freedoms. Glorify CHRIST and thank VETERANs
Dru~ USN Retired
57picupnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
LDO

well,
i came home today after work and got some pretty serious news. Seeing as I've got a birthday comming, the wife ordered me a zz4 crate motor.....

So there are some serious issues I need to work out to get ready for the arrival.

Obviously, I need motor mounts. Currently have the front motor mounts on the 283.

I need headers and a new exhaust system.

I need a new wiring harness. Looks like the PO installed the current harness at night with a butter knife.... it says painless but it looks like it hurts! even though the truck runs! LOL

Any advice on my new list of mods?
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
LDO

And so it begins. Going with a rebel wire harness and got some parts coming in the rest of the week. Getting the cap prepped for some sound proofing undercoat, that window seal stuff and some hush mat. Then, some carpet and some other goodies!

Here is my new rad, fan and shroud. Looks like I'll have to make it a pusher due to clearance but hey, saul good.

Inside the cab needing some rust inhibitor, undercoat and some hushmat. Can't wait to get started...

Old 04-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
LDO

Got some more work done today. Cab is done and ready for hushmat and some carpet.

Got the rad, fan and shroud mocked up. Looks like I'll run it as a pusher since I would end up with some clearance issues otherwise.

Working on some mounting straps for the tranny cooler.

Wife cleaned up the garage while I got stuff done.

Seems like I'm going backwards a little but it will all come together I'm sure. Not a high $$ restoration really, just doing what I can with what I have. I want to get her back on the road soon and start enjoying my truck!

Here are some pics, enjoy. Its Margarita time...

Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
57picupnewbie
'57 Rosa

You are making great progress! Keep it up. By the way, great truck, nice looking shop, a wife that helps around the garage...wow, every man's dream...lucky man. Oh, what did you use to spray/brush to sound proof your cab? Looks good!

Only two defining forces have ever died for us: CHRIST died for our salvation and VETERANS died for our freedoms. Glorify CHRIST and thank VETERANs
Dru~ USN Retired
57picupnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
LDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57picupnewbie View Post
You are making great progress! Keep it up. By the way, great truck, nice looking shop, a wife that helps around the garage...wow, every man's dream...lucky man. Oh, what did you use to spray/brush to sound proof your cab? Looks good!
I used this rubberized undercoat by dupont that i picked up at pepbys. Used it inside my doors and it seemed to work pretty good. I'm backing it all up with pieces of peel & seal and hushmat. Stole the idea from member magicoolbus link here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456988

Thanks and SEMPER FI 57!

Last edited by LDO; 04-30-2011 at 10:27 PM.