The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
enroberts

First swap...fuel system questions

Hi there. I've recently gotten a '99 4.8 motor into my C10. Now it's time to get the fuel system wrapped up so I can fire the truck up! That said, I have a few questions I'm hoping you experts can answer. Forgive my ignorance in advance!

1. I plan on using a factory Camaro or S10 tank and factory fuel pump. This motor is all stock and I plan to leave it that way. It's also not a show truck by any means, just a fun driver! The truck currently has the tank behind the seat which I obviously can't use (unless I'm wrong!). For ease of installation, can I run a braided fuel line from the pump to the fuel rail on the 4.8 (with a filter in line of course)?

2. The 4.8 has a return line at the fuel rail on the driver's side (smaller diameter line). Can I run braided line from this point back to the pump as well?

3. What fittings/adapters/connectors/clamps do I need if I can run braided line the entire length?

4. Is anything else required if I'm using the stock tank/pump/motor?

Thanks in advance!!
enroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: First swap...fuel system questions

You can use your stock tank but would need to run a inline pump..but I would advise against it...get that gasbomb outta the cab..the return rail needs to go back into the tank..NOT the fuel pump..you will need pushlock to -an fitting if your running steel braid..pushlock fittings for your fuel rails are3/8" &5/16"..-6 fitting and ss hose are adequate...you could also cap off the return rail and run a vette style filter/reg and only have one line from your tank to the engine..but that's personal choice..either way make sure your sending unit has a return port on it..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
enroberts

So can anyone provide part numbers for tank, sending unit, pump, and fittings? My plan is to use all nylon lines. Right now the truck has no lines at all. Thanks!
enroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #4
LeesTruk

Check my thread "250 to 5.3 swap". It's got some pic's and part numbers you can use as a guide

Lee
LeesTruk is offline   Reply With Quote