The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
Jason7121

Re: 1972 SWB Build

Nice work so far. You cant go wrong with red and white with a 6.0 swap.
Attached Images

Jason7121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
Nice work so far. You cant go wrong with red and white with a 6.0 swap.
Do you mind if I ask what air intake kit you used? I am swapping an f body LS1 into my 70 c10 swb.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
beaterku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelosrey View Post
Nice build. Enjoying the videos you put up. Sorry if I missed it but what are the wheel/tire specs?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for watching. The wheels are 18x9 0 offset all around with 265/50/18 tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Do you mind if I ask what air intake kit you used? I am swapping an f body LS1 into my 70 c10 swb.
I actually fabbed it up myself. I bought a 4” 180deg bend from summit and used some silicone couplers to make it all work. I did weld on a little support tab. I think a page back in this thread there are some pictures of it.
beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
beaterku

Afternoon all, just uploading some pictures of how I ran my starting wiring with the Speed Engineering shorty headers. I've had some questions about routing, so I thought I would add some photos.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
mdelosrey

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Was there not enough room between the block and manifolds to comfortably run them inboard? Would love to see more pictures of the rest of the exhaust routing. If you could take pictures during the exhaust build and note any issues I would really appreciate it.

Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing.
mdelosrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
beaterku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelosrey View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Was there not enough room between the block and manifolds to comfortably run them inboard? Would love to see more pictures of the rest of the exhaust routing. If you could take pictures during the exhaust build and note any issues I would really appreciate it.

Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing.
There wasn't It was really tight so I went around. Not ideal, but it works.

Here is my post on the exhaust. I was, and still am not, happy with the magnaflow exhaust. I just don't like how it fits. I haven't messed with it since I put it on. I'd be interested in trying the hooker blackheart kit, or going the full custom route. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=240
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #7
beaterku

So I started tinkering with the cruise control last night. My PSI harness manual had a diagram in it that was similar to one I found on here courtesy of Ackattack (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398006). Looking at the diagram, I was having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works. So I set up my "test bench" and with a bunch of jumpers, a 9V battery, my Rosta stalk and my volt meter and made it happen.

Once I started probing around, it all made sense. Since the Rosta stalk outputs a constant 12V on the set/coast line, and pressing the set/coast button interrupts 12V, it all started making sense. This configuration uses this as the trigger for both relays to get the desired outputs. Pretty trick. Since I am using a Dakota Digital dash, I added another relay to get a ground signal for the DD controller so it will show the cruise light on the dash.

I drew this relay layout last night to hopefully help others. I am going to do an in depth post and video on how to hook all of this up soon.
Attached Images