The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
rainamy

WTB: Long list of parts needed for my 77 - blue bench seatbelts; sheetmetal (NOS??)

I'd like to do more work on my 1977 c10, but I've hit a bit of a wall on some parts. Here is my master list.

(I'd thought I found a pair of nos fenders a week ago, but my computer crashed and apparently someone else scooped them up since the threads gone by the I got back.)

* 2 front fenders, RUST and dent FREE. that means nothing red/brown on them, not just no holes. Nos I've bee seeing between 400-500/pair. Good used id expect a good bit less.

* blue shoulder seat belts, the two piece retractors that mount on the floor and halfway up the door.

* 1977-80 door panels without armorall, cracking, chalkyness, gouges etc. Prefer medium blue but will conder a set needing dyeing if priced accordingly

* passenger door, maybe driver as well if better than mine

* original bench seat with excellent upholstery (for medium blue late 70s interior) or even just some excellent seat covers as removed (will consider any trim level and vinyl or cloth based on condition

* driver side non-fuel tank bedside, 8 foot bed. May consider buying whole bed, or converting to 8 foot stepside if price is right.

Will buy outright or have stuff around to trade (power door shells with some internals, gear sets, lwb frame, misc body parts, power 88-91 mirror sets, complete NEW a/c system for mid 70s v8 truck, dark blue 80s door panels/seat belts/etc.

Thanks!
rainamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: WTB: Long list of parts needed for my 77 - blue bench seatbelts; sheetmetal (NOS?

I have plenty of bench seats. I have 2 right now that I haven't stripped down yet for restoration. The drawback is that I'm in Ohio. If you think you might be interested, I will hold off on stripping the seat down. One is black, one is grey. I'll get some pics.
And of course I have plenty that already have been restored, they just need to be covered in your color choice, which I can do. But these will be more money. From what I find, when stripping the seat down, the restored seat is the way to go.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
TKCR

Re: WTB: Long list of parts needed for my 77 - blue bench seatbelts; sheetmetal (NOS?

So here’s the 2 seats, 77-80 Style. The black one is nice, but it does have a few places in the vinyl. The grey one, this is what I mean by what I find when stripping them down. Took the cover off and you find this. Not a problem for me, because when I restore the seats, everything gets repaired.
You can check out the link, on my signature, to see what goes into the seat restoration.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
blindbug

What is dark blue vs. medium blue?

I have a set of outside (retractable) blue shoulder belts, but no inner latches / lap belt. They are blue, but not the same color blue as my 86' c10. In fact, when I put them next to my 86' they look grey. By themselves, they look blue?

(What do those door panels look like?)
Attached Images

blindbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
trukman1

rainamy, if you can't find NOS body panels you might look into Key Parts. They are supposed to be the best "out there." My son bought them to repair his '67 and they are heavy and formed right. All the body shop guys we talked to said they preferred them because they are "Made in US", they fit right, unlike the import stuff. Cost a little more but shipping was a whole lot less than anywhere else. Just a thought.

ETA: Grammar
Old 04-30-2018, 06:25 AM   #6
Wgesnerjr

Rainamy,
If you need dye, you can get exact match colors from Vinyl Pro in Marietta. They are near Delk Rd. and I-75. They sell SEM products and all the supplies you could need to re-color your interior parts.
Just call SEM's tech line first to get your color code. 800-831-1122
tech@semproducts.com. They dont keep the old colors on ther shelf. Plan on spending some time there as they mix up the color and put it in an aerosol can while you wait.

I just picked up some cans for my 85. Perfect match to my Dark Blue, just expensive. Make sure you use the SEMsoap and plastic prep.

Great place, just a long drive from Lawrenceville.
LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
rainamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I have plenty of bench seats. I have 2 right now that I haven't stripped down yet for restoration. The drawback is that I'm in Ohio. If you think you might be interested, I will hold off on stripping the seat down. One is black, one is grey. I'll get some pics.
And of course I have plenty that already have been restored, they just need to be covered in your color choice, which I can do. But these will be more money. From what I find, when stripping the seat down, the restored seat is the way to go.

I appreciate the heads up. I've looked at your seat threads a couple times, looks like nice work! It probably a little more than I'm looking for/need though.

On the seat I'm hoping to find someone who either was switching to a different type (buckets/split bench/???) Or didn't like their factory cover (water to switch between vinyl and cloth or vice versa).

My truck is a documented 89,xxx mile truck. But it saw some farm use. My vinyl panels are nice, but it has a woven plastic pattern in some panels that have split. (See the pics)

Every aftermarket fabric anything that I've seen fades, badly, within a couple years. Here in Atlanta area we have strong sun. Using a reproduction cover worries me with that regard. I'm optimistic however that my factory seat, being lowish mileage, might not be too bad - truck is dented but not rotted, and the sliders and tilt work good...
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
rainamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbug View Post
What is dark blue vs. medium blue?

I have a set of outside (retractable) blue shoulder belts, but no inner latches / lap belt. They are blue, but not the same color blue as my 86' c10. In fact, when I put them next to my 86' they look grey. By themselves, they look blue?

(What do those door panels look like?)
I have a set that are the color of your 86. (I actually have matching door panels and such too) what I'm looking for are a brighter blue.

I took a couple pics holding the 86 blue like are installed in your truck, against these.

They also have a different design, with one part bolted to the floor, and another part bolted to the door jamb higher up. It would have been the mid 1970s color.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #9
rainamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr View Post
Rainamy,
If you need dye, you can get exact match colors from Vinyl Pro in Marietta. They are near Delk Rd. and I-75. They sell SEM products and all the supplies you could need to re-color your interior parts.
Just call SEM's tech line first to get your color code. 800-831-1122
tech@semproducts.com. They dont keep the old colors on ther shelf. Plan on spending some time there as they mix up the color and put it in an aerosol can while you wait.

I just picked up some cans for my 85. Perfect match to my Dark Blue, just expensive. Make sure you use the SEMsoap and plastic prep.

Great place, just a long drive from Lawrenceville.
That sounds great! It's a short distance for a long drive even here due to the traffic especially now that they started stripping I75 to repave too. Hope you won't need to be heading back out anytime soon!
Old 04-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #10
blindbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainamy View Post
I have a set that are the color of your 86. (I actually have matching door panels and such too) what I'm looking for are a brighter blue.

I took a couple pics holding the 86 blue like are installed in your truck, against these.

They also have a different design, with one part bolted to the floor, and another part bolted to the door jamb higher up. It would have been the mid 1970s color.
Are you sure the belts in your truck are actually a brighter blue, and not just sun bleached?
Old 04-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #11
rainamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbug View Post
Are you sure the belts in your truck are actually a brighter blue, and not just sun bleached?
Yes.

The mid 1970s truck had a much much lighter, brighter blue than the later years.

Here are some images of other 1977 factory blue interiors all in the lighter color. From the google links, one was a 10k mile survivor that went through barrett jackson. Even aftermarket parts companies that furnish precolored parts recognize a 1977-1978 blue.

That is the color I'm looking for. Probably has to be a 1977 or 1978 only.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #12
blindbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainamy View Post
Yes.

The mid 1970s truck had a much much lighter, brighter blue than the later years.

Here are some images of other 1977 factory blue interiors all in the lighter color. From the google links, one was a 10k mile survivor that went through barrett jackson. Even aftermarket parts companies that furnish precolored parts recognize a 1977-1978 blue.

That is the color I'm looking for. Probably has to be a 1977 or 1978 only.
Today I learned!