The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Talkin`Seatbelts

who knows,Ray,it maybe possible it came through that way.I mean,if we never noticed,do you think a plant worker slapping these thi ng together would have?You may have the truck where they switched to the other supplier and you messed up it`s rarity by making it right.
I hope I can talk to Jerry next week up there.
check these out...

I just liked the way these looked.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: Talkin`Seatbelts

I had this shoulder belt piece in my mess.Does anyone know what it came from?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: Talkin`Factory Seatbelts

Tim, all those belts hung up there look like the definition of a Truck nut's washing line.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #29
special-K
Special Order

That`s what it is alright.Hung out to dry.
I thought I came across something interesting and wanted to share.I thought that`s what we`re all about here.It gets hijacked into shoulder belt talk for several posts and away from the topic.One post mentioned there was just a thread on shoulder belts a couple days ago,which I never saw.So,I ask to get back on topic,differences between factory seat belts by different makers,and suggest talk about shoulder belts be taken to the shoulder belt thread.Did I upset someone?I ask,because now there`s a whole new thread made titled factory seatbelt differences,but it`s about shoulder belt differences and this one`s going nowhere.So much for us all learning something.We never came close to pointing out all the diferences.Oh well,I found it interesting.I have a sale thread and this all came aboiut when I was sifting through my collection matching up sets.Before that I never knew the differences and could have bought or even sold unmatched sets.I guess that`ll happen alot if no one learns what to look for.I just like sharing what I learn.Maybe everyone already knew this?I dunno...

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-19-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #30
71 super

Tim your last picture(s) look like one of those hunting trip photos with all of the game strung up waiting to b dressed- in this case used - neat photo.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

I`m wondering what my neighbors think.I hung some more up,too.

Tim

Old 04-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
leddzepp

Special-K...I only started another thread on the subject of shoulder harnesses because we were told to take it elsewhere, by you. I was not trying to hijack your thread. To me, hijacking is doing something for personal gain, like posting in my for sale thread that you have the same thing for sale. I have nothing to gain by sharing information. As far as it being labeled "Factory seatbelt Differences" look at what time I posted it. It was after midnight, and I had just gotten off a 12 hr shift, and was exhausted. There is no way I can edit it. If you would like to do so, please do. If you would like to delete the thread, please do so as well. I never meant to offend you. 70 RS/SS brought up that a center belt could be used to make a shoulder belt. This is something that I had also learned on this board and passed along the other day in another thread. I also discovered on my own that lap belts were an even closer match, and shared that with him as well. That thread I posted in the other day was not specifically titled about shoulder harnesses, it was just somehow brought up, and then more details were added. I thought thats what this was all about: sharing information. Some questions lead to other questions, so on and so on....that's how we all pick up information. I see this pattern in almost every thread on here. You yourself mentioned in this thread that guys use S-10 seatbelts now, and another member inquired about that....see what I am saying? S-10 belts are not factory for our trucks either, and do not pertain to your original subject, but some guy just learned something new right? Again, sorry to have hijacked you. If you are trying to make an FAQ out of this thread, go ahead and delete my posts to clean it up. I will not be upset or offended.

Back to your subject SK...I noticed a difference in factory seatbelts when I pulled them from my blue truck a while back. Here they are...two different styles, came from the same truck. The date codes are very close together, and they sure looked like they had both been there equally as long! I wonder how it happened?
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #33
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That`s what it is alright.Hung out to dry.
I thought I came across something interesting and wanted to share.I thought that`s what we`re all about here.It gets hijacked into shoulder belt talk for several posts and away from the topic.One post mentioned there was just a thread on shoulder belts a couple days ago,which I never saw.So,I ask to get back on topic,differences between factory seat belts by different makers,and suggest talk about shoulder belts be taken to the shoulder belt thread.Did I upset someone?I ask,because now there`s a whole new thread made titled factory seatbelt differences,but it`s about shoulder belt differences and this one`s going nowhere.So much for us all learning something.We never came close to pointing out all the differences.Oh well,I found it interesting.I have a sale thread and this all came about when I was sifting through my collection matching up sets.Before that I never knew the differences and could have bought or even sold unmatched sets.I guess that`ll happen allot if no one learns what to look for.I just like sharing what I learn.Maybe everyone already knew this?I dunno...

You did come up with something interesting Tim, And your thread has indeed worked as we are all now aware that there are these differences with the Belts in our Trucks, this is knowledge that we can all benefit from especially when it comes to finding a matching set.
It was, at worst just a coincidence that Leddzepp & you had similar posts....regarding seat belts that is, and i'm sure meant no harm by discussing it within your thread.

Thanks to both of you for the info.......do you think that was diplomatic enough??

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

Last edited by eightbanger; 04-20-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #34
special-K
Special Order

Hey Zepp,I know,I know.It`s all good.I kinda regretted coming across that way.I came on the next day and it had gone a different direction started by a newbie asking about cops and shoulder belts and such.That turned the tide.When I saw someone say there was just a thread about shoulder harness differences I said,then go there because there was so much more to talk about in differences between makers and the pictures were fading back.Most don`t read through a thread and the theme would be lost.With all the info spread between three threads I know no one would gain much.Sorry to be a rag,though.Nothing personal intended and my feelings aren`t hurt.
I was just so excited (I`m a truck nerd) to find all the differences when I`ve popped many a beer cap and even buckled myself in with these a million times w/o paying any attention.I am more than happy to spread the good word...or to find I`m the last to know.
Your thread,the other thread,my thread,let`s just get to the nitty gritty.You are the second to have mix-matched fron possibly the get go.72super`s truck had the same deal and his dad is the original owner.So,I think the factory did it so all this is pointless.I was all worried about selling someone un-matched sets when GM didn`t.My`91 Suburban had a Scottsdale emblem on one pillar and a Silverado on the other...original paint.
Between Robbins and Irwin everything is different.Like your picture,the mount to floor is different as well as the cover.Even the male end is deefernt:

The Irwins have a number stamped and the slot for the belt is narrower,it`s more rounded...ok,it`s totally different,BFD right?

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-20-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

More differences:

The slots are different here,too...^

A few obvious(now) differences in these...v

Tim

Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #36
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Tim do the belt retractor boots come in left side and right side? or can the Driver side be used on the Pass side and vice-versa?

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

Old 07-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #37
randy500
Account Suspended

Ttt
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Thanks Randy. I wish I still had all those belts still.

Tim

Old 07-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #39
randy500
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks Randy. I wish I still had all those belts still.
That is a nice pile of belts.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:26 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

I sold them all to Jerry Brown back in '09 to give him stock to restore. He was a great asset to the hobby. I truly miss his presence in the world of fine 67-72 Chevy Trucks

Tim