The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #4826
Pick

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

I finally got around to installing my new dash pad. I'm glad I have relatively small hands.

(before and after pics)
Attached Images

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #4827
shawno72
C/10 junkie

The new dash pad makes a big differance.

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #4828
BiggSixx1970

Replaced a tail light, and de-oxidized my tail light lenses and side markers on my '70 c20!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545486

Gentlemen wear a bow tie.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #4829
Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
The new dash pad makes a big differance.
Thanks! I agree! I've just been driving it and upgrading little stuff since I bought it......like getting the dash lights, wipers, and heater control working again, rebuilding the carburetor, etc. This is really the first upgrade/fix that actually makes it look like anything has been done!

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #4830
Bennett68C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
Brought it to it's first car show...umm...mostly done!
People were clamoring over it! Many questions regarding Nate's handiwork. Didn't get the inside of the fenders cut yet, so it was still 2 inches off the ground.
Looks great, now let's get a pic of the whole truck
Posted via Mobile Device

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #4831
Jimbabwe

The bed's not on it. We have to cut the bedsides (same story as front) and get a 2 piece driveshaft made. Soon...(famous last words)
Unfortunately when we went to put the Porterbuilt hood hinges on we found some rust on the cowl right where the one hinge would go, probably wouldn't support the hood on the driver's side, so--since I'm only running 18's--we're going to try the stock hinges and cut away the inner portion of the fender AND the bottom of the hinge and see if it will lay out. The tire diameter is small enough that the heater box won't rub unless it's fully aired out, so the hinge thing may work. Otherwise it's sheetmetal repair time--which I wanted to hold off on for a bit. I can't weld, and I'm running out of money!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #4832
Jimbabwe

At least it's not a photoshop of the drop this time. It's for real! Although, technically, I did blur the background in photoshop because it looked cooler, and those two blurred ladies were a bit hard on the eyes.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #4833
502ms

Jim, same story for me...first car show...they went crazy, and I won a trophy! This was on Saturday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #4834
Jimbabwe

That's awesome!!
I was thinking maybe it was lame to bring my incomplete truck there, but people were all over it, while the immaculate restorations were looking lonely.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #4835
502ms

Quote:
That's awesome!!
I was thinking maybe it was lame to bring my incomplete truck there, but people were all over it, while the immaculate restorations were looking lonely.
Yes, the 65 Mustang, 72 Vettes, 65 Vettes, Model As were feeling a little neglected...loved it.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #4836
PAWS 72

Quote:
That's awesome!!
I know the feeling.A friend of mine has a 71 ElCamino thats factory all the way,but it is lime green.We get to shows and they flock to mine then look at his as an after thought.It is a whole lot cleaner than mine but I guess its the color.

Let a rat rod pull in,they run to it.I usually do.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #4837
Jimbabwe

Me too.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #4838
dhaymaker

Quote:
At least it's not a photoshop of the drop this time. It's for real! Although, technically, I did blur the background in photoshop because it looked cooler, and those two blurred ladies were a bit hard on the eyes.
Jimbabwe - Blurring the background resulted in a very interesting looking photo! It's kind of funny, when I first glanced at the picture, it looked almost like a model! Have you ever seen blurred surroundings when taking pictures of model cars, trucks, aircraft, etc.? It's often done to mask the size relationship between the models and other objects in view of the lens. Had to look again to see this was a full-size truck.

BTW, nice truck!

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #4839
Jimbabwe

Thanks! Yes, if you search "tilt-shift" you can see just the opposite effect can be created using a camera--or simulated in photoshop--with real scenes, making THEM look like models. Cool stuff.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #4840
Billett

Dropped it off at a local shop to have the exhaust done. Pics to follow when I get it back...
Posted via Mobile Device
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #4841
dhaymaker

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, if you search "tilt-shift" you can see just the opposite effect can be created using a camera--or simulated in photoshop--with real scenes, making THEM look like models. Cool stuff.
Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I'm kind of a photographer buff (very amateur), just don't get to spend enough time with a camera any more!

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #4842
Bennett68C10

Quote:
The bed's not on it. We have to cut the bedsides (same story as front) and get a 2 piece driveshaft made. Soon...(famous last words)
Unfortunately when we went to put the Porterbuilt hood hinges on we found some rust on the cowl right where the one hinge would go, probably wouldn't support the hood on the driver's side, so--since I'm only running 18's--we're going to try the stock hinges and cut away the inner portion of the fender AND the bottom of the hinge and see if it will lay out. The tire diameter is small enough that the heater box won't rub unless it's fully aired out, so the hinge thing may work. Otherwise it's sheetmetal repair time--which I wanted to hold off on for a bit. I can't weld, and I'm running out of money!
Sounds like you need to do what I did this past weekend, I grabbed my brothers welder and was like what the hell lets try this . I did ok for my first time, I still need alot of practice before I would be confident doing anything major.

I have to tell you that I love the Torq Thrust on your truck. They are hands down my favorite wheel ever. I don't care how many people run them, they are simply awesome

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #4843
mr.wilson

Removed booster, steering column, modded firewall for Painless harness and painted firewall.
Attached Images

1972 Cheyenne LWB, 350ci TH-350.
Restoration in progress.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #4844
jmdemon55

drove it around the block for the first time since we brought it home! its far from being assembled but it was good to have it moving and stopping under its own power!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #4845
UNEASYRIDER

Installed my SB 400, 350 tranny, p/s pump, and colum shifter.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #4846
Hard Luck
I've got grease on my mind.

Lets see..Installed and removed 9 headers...still trying to find a set that fits.

Shortys - 69648 - Fits 67-72 C20-C30 but not C10, kicks out to the side too much and hit frame, collector is in "C" channel, not ideal

Tri-Y's - no part number - Fit beautiful on the driver's side, pass side only hit;
1. frame
2. Brake Line
3. Starter
4. Cross Member
5. Lower A-Arm
6. Trans Cooler Lines

and the outlet points toward the flex plate cover

Mid Length - 68600 - fits Camaros and Chevelle - both front tubes hit upper engine stand offs, pass side a bit worse

Full Length - 69890 - Fits 67-87 C10- Pass side fits but hangs about 4" under frame, could not even get driver's side installed with almost everything removed

The copper colored ones are what I started with and the set that is going back in.

Hedman has a new Mid Length - 69016 - that no one stocks yet but they tell me they used an actual truck for fitment. The pass side looks good but the driver's side looks like it might drop a bit too soon. We'll see, if I can find a set.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #4847
casper1969

HI GUYS!! NEW HERE GREAT SITE!!
TODAY I removed floor vents and rstored them with paint, new seals,stainless nuts and bolts and custom brushed stainless knobs!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #4848
71tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck View Post
Lets see..Installed and removed 9 headers...still trying to find a set that fits.

Shortys - 69648 - Fits 67-72 C20-C30 but not C10, kicks out to the side too much and hit frame, collector is in "C" channel, not ideal

Tri-Y's - no part number - Fit beautiful on the driver's side, pass side only hit;
1. frame
2. Brake Line
3. Starter
4. Cross Member
5. Lower A-Arm
6. Trans Cooler Lines

and the outlet points toward the flex plate cover

Mid Length - 68600 - fits Camaros and Chevelle - both front tubes hit upper engine stand offs, pass side a bit worse

Full Length - 69890 - Fits 67-87 C10- Pass side fits but hangs about 4" under frame, could not even get driver's side installed with almost everything removed

The copper colored ones are what I started with and the set that is going back in.

Hedman has a new Mid Length - 69016 - that no one stocks yet but they tell me they used an actual truck for fitment. The pass side looks good but the driver's side looks like it might drop a bit too soon. We'll see, if I can find a set.
Have you tried a full length from a 69 Camaro? Had some on a 69 with 350 but using I6 motor mounts. Tucked pretty nicely.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #4849
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Had a hneated discussion with someone from the California DMV. She was crazy enough to send me her FAX no and I peppered her with FAX'es until she called back...
Now I have her phone number.....I got an ACTUAL PROMISE with someone with a REAL NAME that the tags will be here in seven days....We'll see.

In the meantime, I've got time on my hands until the trailer comes to get me for the exhauset appointment tomorrow afternoon.
So, I learned a new detailing "trick"...At least, new to me.

I had banged the brand-new tinted rear window and left a small hole in the tint. There are a couple of other dings in the tint in various windows.
I took this product "Nightshade" I had on hand for the tail and front turn signal lenses. Hit the spots with a very very slight amount of this on my brush.

A couple of these pics show the interim procedure. But best results for me were attained by letting the stuff COMPLETELY dry and then slide over the area
with a sharp safety blade.

It's not perfect. But better. Good enough to live with for this driver.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #4850
Square_78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck View Post

Wow thats insane! I thought shorty Chevelle headers fit? I cant believe that with all the c10's out there, nobody has anything that bolts on and tucks out of the way. I have long tube headers on mine and they hang way below the frame. I need to replace them before I bag the truck. I am looking forward to any other info you post about this. Hopefully the headman headers fit and dont hang down. I was going to order chevelle shortys but I Better hold off for now...

Lonnie

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Closed Thread