The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
made2drag

Re: project 83

looks like plug in play if you have a trailer harness already. 49 inches across may be too wide but not sure
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
stepside83

look what i came home to today, new air suspension parts, was wondering tho if some one could explain what the second and third pic are and what do i do with them, the 2nd and 3rd pic are of the same stuff, i just flipped the gray thing over so you could see both sides, new to air bags and suspension so dont be to rough on me lol sorry the last 2 pics arent that great
Attached Images

stepside83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
stepside83

bump
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
stepside83

well started on some body work last night, just on a my doors and fenders, ill post some pics later
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #30
made2drag

cool!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
stepside83

here's the pics of my body work thus far, its not much but its a start, gonna get doors in primer this week and then start on fenders. also can any one tell me if the top 2 holes on my doors for mirrors are the same as the 2 holes for the mounting points on the sport mirrors thanks
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #32
made2drag

man, that's looking good. if i remember i'll measure tonight. it is possible you'll at least be able to use one and fill the other. then when you get your mirrors you can mark and drill the other one on each side.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #33
made2drag

was tied up last night, maybe i'll remember tonight
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #34
made2drag

sent you some pics with measurements
Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #35
stepside83

came home to these on my porch few more things and ill have all i need to put my suspension together
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
made2drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside83 View Post
came home to these on my porch few more things and ill have all i need to put my suspension together
all the pieces are coming together!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
stepside83

here's couple pics from last nights body work session, since i for now can only work on it after work its slow goin the drivers door is geting primed monday i hope, and as well as the inside of the pass side, the driver door is just a skim coat to fill in looked like hail storm marks and the inside of the pass door, is me fixing some dents prob from some one using there foot to help open the door
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
made2drag

Quote:
here's couple pics from last nights body work session, since i for now can only work on it after work its slow goin the drivers door is geting primed monday i hope, and as well as the inside of the pass side, the driver door is just a skim coat to fill in looked like hail storm marks and the inside of the pass door, is me fixing some dents prob from some one using there foot to help open the door

sweat equity! it's cool you can do body work and it looks like you have a great shop too.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #39
stepside83

Thanks man, i learned body work and paint in high school, and moved on to work in a couple different hot rod shops, buliding 100,000 dollar hot rods, i am able to do everything to my truck but make a different seat cover and things for interior, i can put it together just can sew lol, and the shop is my buddys i use, i dont have one of my own.....yet
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #40
mineralgrey01gt

nice progress so far! love looking at the builds! If you all need pics of my frame set up I can send it to anyone. since its the weekend ill have time to take all the pics needed
mineralgrey01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
maxxxy

Quote:
look what i came home to today, new air suspension parts, was wondering tho if some one could explain what the second and third pic are and what do i do with them, the 2nd and 3rd pic are of the same stuff, i just flipped the gray thing over so you could see both sides, new to air bags and suspension so dont be to rough on me lol sorry the last 2 pics arent that great
Those are relays for the compressors so your compressor doesn't burn up.
And I'm not certain, but I think the gray thing is a pressure switch that screws into a port on the tank. It wires to the compressor to automatically turn on the compressor when it gets below a certain pressure, and turs it off when it gets to a high enough pressure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Max's bagged 81

81 rcsb bagged, 22s, build in progress
09 ext cab, 24" U2's, DD sub/amp
maxxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #42
made2drag

thats right... the gray thing with the green cap is a pressure switch and the big round plastic thing is a inlet filter for the front of the compressor.... so it doesnt suck in water and dirt
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #43
stepside83

well its been slow going last couple weeks found a place to move into so were doing that this weekend, it has a 1.5 stall garage, not as big as id like but ill make it work, once we get moved, and i get the garage set up like i want, ill be back on the stepside, the doors are just about done, hopefully tonight they will be, then ill start on the frame, the doors were to just pass the time till weather got nicer, ill tare frame down, and get it blasted prime and paint it, and put the suspension,fuel cell, brake, fuel lines, and e brake cables on then bolt the cab down for the last time, found out tho that itll cost more in material to fix my fendrers than its worth, blasted parts of them, and its nothing but dents under a lot of filler, so im gonna get new ones some time this summer, so after frame ill move on to the bed and get it all in primer, still hoping to have it painted this year and done next well see tho
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #44
made2drag

congrats on the garage! looking forward to pics when you get moved in and have the free time to get back at it
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #45
stepside83

well sorry for the no updates, i got moved in to the new place, still getting the garage set up, its only a stall in a half but its better than nothing i guess, i need a compressor, considering i didnt own one before, so when i get one ill be able to do some work n my shop, but i got my doors done, have pics up later of those, im leaving this weekend for south dakota for 2 weeks with the army, and when i get back, ill start on the frame, and not do anything else till the frame is torn apart blasted, painted, and air ride installed, brakes, fuel cell, etc.. is done, then ill move on to the rest of the body work, only did what i did so i could get some progress on the truck, and was waiting for work to pick up, but now its the frame that will have my undevided atention untill done
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #46
made2drag

Quote:
well sorry for the no updates, i got moved in to the new place, still getting the garage set up, its only a stall in a half but its better than nothing i guess, i need a compressor, considering i didnt own one before, so when i get one ill be able to do some work n my shop, but i got my doors done, have pics up later of those, im leaving this weekend for south dakota for 2 weeks with the army, and when i get back, ill start on the frame, and not do anything else till the frame is torn apart blasted, painted, and air ride installed, brakes, fuel cell, etc.. is done, then ill move on to the rest of the body work, only did what i did so i could get some progress on the truck, and was waiting for work to pick up, but now its the frame that will have my undevided atention untill done
glad to see you'll be back on it! you'll have the frame done before you know it.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
stepside83

well made a lil progress today, not much at all, got the back of the front bumper under coated so theres no rust issues, jut doing small things till i get a compressor, than all out on the frame
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #48
mooseknuckles

nice work man!....I love new parts...even if they're someone else's!
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #49
stepside83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
nice work man!....I love new parts...even if they're someone else's!
Thanks i still need the bags for the front and the 2 link pan hard bar and bags for the rear, its definitely not going as quickly as i would like, but some day ill be able to cruise it down the road
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #50
stepside83

got this new fender today for 20 bucks needs couple spots patched but nothing to bad
Attached Images