The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2022, 12:34 PM   #26
dagnabbitt

Re: What is the value of a real Cheyenne Super short bed

I'll never forget the two trucks that got away from me. A 1967 Chev SWB 4x4 that I thought needed too much work... in hindsight it did not need that much work at all, and I will never forgive myself for passing on it. It was an incredible deal.

And a 1969 Chev 2wd SWB with a 350 and a Muncie Rockcrusher. Some dealership salesman bought it right out from under me while I tried to get the seller to lower his price by $500 bucks. If I told you what the seller wanted for that truck you would reach through your computer screen and shake me by my collar.

In both cases I had a friend who was whispering in my ear: ugh you don't want that truck, looks like a basketcase; jeez it'd be nice to get that a little cheaper; I bet the guy will take less.

Even worse, I am a rebounder, and a bad one. When I didn't get these trucks I had to get SOMETHING, I had money burning a hole in my pocket. So I bought other projects that were not as nice, and were of less value. I don't have them anymore. And I realized that I was going about this all wrong. Why hesitate and miss out on a good thing? What do I care if some stranger thinks he got the better of me? Why do I listen to my idiot friends, anyway?

So when I found my 59 Apache online I bought a plane ticket, went to the seller's house, gave him hundred dollar bills, and drove it home. When I found my 70 swb, I called the guy who listed it: he told me that he had a lot of interest and lots of guys wanting to come kick the tires. I told him that I would buy it based upon the pictures and that I would come the next day with his asking price in my hand. There was silence at the end of the line, then he said, OK, I will remove the listing, then. I drove the 200 miles the next day.

My point is, if you want it, buy it. If you spend $1000 too much, who cares, it is nobodies business but yours, and it is your money. Make sure the truck is "correct". Check the florets on the VIN and the SPID in the glovebox and that the frame is straight and uncut: and that is it. It is worth whatever you pay for it.

Just my 2 cents.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:49 PM   #27
Mike80D

Just going off the SPID it sounds like one to have, and certainly worth restoring. I'll add that it's the first one I have seen with the PA1 wheel covers that wasn't a promotional Highlander. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Mike80D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:41 PM   #28
j_cst_10

Dagnabbit - I have the same rebound tendencies or even worse I sold something nice and want it back so I settle on a more expensive sub par version. Truly an illness.

I’m trying to get it so we will see how it goes. Stopped by today and no one was home and no answer on the phone. I’ll try again. I’ll probably stop by with my kids on the way to get a Mother’s Day present. What is wrong with me.

I spotted another treasure there. Mint short bed square body 4x4 all black. Hold on, need to refinance my house.

1966 Coronet 440 35k mile survivor
1991 Suburban 2500 454/4L80E 2wd
1985 Monte Carlo SS 383 Sbc, t-56 magnum 6spd and Ford 9"
j_cst_10 is offline   Reply With Quote