The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
Kim57

Re: Brothers Show

Here's a link to the California section of the board. There's more pics of the show there.
Kim
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...ysprune=&f=147
Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
It was a great time meeting up again with with Bam and Kim and finally meeting BCToychest, VDog, Youngsta, Dino, and Delmo (and countless others). The show seems to get better every year. It's funny how Bam and I always talk about the fact that we have to quit being spectators and start being participants. You too, Kim!

It was great talking to all of you 47-55 guys also. Thanks for letting me invade your group.
Im sure we will all meet up on Kabwe's build giving him praise, asking questions, and just a plain old hardtime for the heck of it.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #28
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
It was great talking to all of you 47-55 guys also. Thanks for letting me invade your group.
Im sure we will all meet up on Kabwe's build giving him praise, asking questions, and just a plain old hardtime for the heck of it.
That is 47-59 thank you.lol We need those extra 4 years to try to come close to the numbers you guys have. Man when you 1960's truck guys roll, you roll. Full BBQ going and all of the guys I met were very friendly not like you VDog.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 AM   #29
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
It was a great time meeting up again with with Bam and Kim and finally meeting BCToychest, VDog, Youngsta, Dino, and Delmo (and countless others). The show seems to get better every year. It's funny how Bam and I always talk about the fact that we have to quit being spectators and start being participants. You too, Kim!

The truck that blew me away was Hilton Vail's black '55 Chevy. Off the hook, and built completely at home by one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. The execution and attention to detail were amazing. You'll be seeing a lot of this truck in the upcoming magazines.
Same here it was nice to meet all of you guys, I had a gr8 time. Yeah restoguy I know what you mean about being a spectator. But after seeing some of those trucks I am going to be a spectator a little while longer, lol. I gotta tighten up some loose ends. I'll post some pics later of some trucks that I thought were out of this world. That C-10 CROWD , MAN THOSE GUYS HAD SOME IMPRESSIVE LOOKING STUFF!!! Hilton's '55 actually made me think why bother with my project, hahahaha. It's all good I can dream can't I? I just need to keep striving to do my best with my bucket. That truck was my favorite.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #30
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
That is 47-59 thank you.lol We need those extra 4 years to try to come close to the numbers you guys have. Man when you 1960's truck guys roll, you roll. Full BBQ going and all of the guys I met were very friendly not like you VDog.lol

Dang!!! Sorry I left out the 4 years. LOL!!! What do you mean, not friendly? Who Me?
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #31
hotrod1
56 - autocross

I was amazed how beautiful and in depth Hilton's truck was. There were so many little different things that he did that I did not even pick up on until Bam pointed them out to me (Bam knows his stuff). That truck is something to see. I think that I spent most of my time there (at the show) looking at that truck. So many good ideas. An interesting fact; looking at Hilton's build book (that he shows to people wanting to see how he did it), I was amazed that he started with virtually a piece of junk (like most of us have) and polished it into a jewel. I think that I expected to see an amazing starting point that was in great shape. It was not. It was very rough. He designed, cut, welded, and polished his way into a piece of art. Knowing that made me go home and look at my piece of crap in a whole different way. There is HOPE!
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
hp1957

Cool pics!!
Great meeting you guys from So Cal!!

Harvey

57 Chevy stepside
58 GMC fleetside C-4 project
91 GMC 1-ton
hp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #33
youngsta

The show was great and I really enjoyed meeting you guys especially after lurking on all your build threads for so long. I have been urged to become a poster and participant. I promise I will do better.
youngsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
I was amazed how beautiful and in depth Hilton's truck was. There were so many little different things that he did that I did not even pick up on until Bam pointed them out to me (Bam knows his stuff). That truck is something to see. I think that I spent most of my time there (at the show) looking at that truck. So many good ideas. An interesting fact; looking at Hilton's build book (that he shows to people wanting to see how he did it), I was amazed that he started with virtually a piece of junk (like most of us have) and polished it into a jewel. I think that I expected to see an amazing starting point that was in great shape. It was not. It was very rough. He designed, cut, welded, and polished his way into a piece of art. Knowing that made me go home and look at my piece of crap in a whole different way. There is HOPE!
Aw I'm just a nut for this stuff. Yeah what a great build it was the more I think about that truck the more I like it. It really helped that he was a great guy and a pure car nut. He took the time to answer every question that was asked. He seemed shocked that I noticed he widen the cab floor.lol Because he forget.lol He did so much work on that truck he forgot, but boy did his memory come back because he told me where the cuts were made and how many inches.lol

hp1957 and youngsta it was great meeting you guys. I'm glad you guys made sure to introduce yourselves. Yeah youngsta get involved and stop standing on the sideline I'm going to throw you the ball buddy.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
hotrod1
56 - autocross

I think the wider cab floor is in the future.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
ShadetreeTim

Hey guys, it was great to meet a few of you Sunday. Thanks for inviting me to join this site. I haven't done much to my truck in the last year so hopefully I'll get inspired to do a few things I've been thinking of.

Looking at all these great pictures and reading your comments it seems I managed to miss quite a few details on the trucks. Now I want to go back through the show and see them all again...

Pulling into the show Sunday morning. Arriving around 6AM I was pretty close to the front of the line.

That's my 57 GMC in these two shots.

I've owned the 57 since 98 and nobody has turned a wrench on it since then except me.
ShadetreeTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
ShadetreeTim

A few more pics taken while waiting to get in.

57 GMC 150
89 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #38
ShadetreeTim

I do like me some good food. The Cheese Crusted Garlic Patty Melt sounded too good to pass up.

Last years Show Winner was still beautiful.

A few of my favorites representing different generations.

57 GMC 150
89 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #39
Kim57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
I think the wider cab floor is in the future.
I agree.
Kim
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #40
Kim57

Shadetree Tim
Thanks for posting more pics.
Kim
Old 07-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #41
youngrodder

ShadetreeTim-

Parkwood (Wayne) from this forum build that Burb for a customer..I hear it's going to be in a mag soon... It is one sweet ride.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #42
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Since BCTOYChest is taken his sweet time to post his pics I will post some for him. He takes nice pics and I've been waiting for them. So here you go.

Be mad if you want to BC but you need to share your talent. I did not hang with you at the show because I knew you were busy taking some nice shots. When I saw you at the show I put my camera down because I knew I would steal your pics.lol

Love this shot BC just a cool angle

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-13-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
Kim57

Cool pics Bam.
We need more.
Kim
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #44
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Kim

Those were taken by BCToyChest. He takes amazing pics in my opinion. If I ever finish the truck I know who I will be calling to take me to some cool locations and shoot some pics.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Hey BAM:

How did you get that many pictures to upload at once?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #46
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

I don't upload them on this site I just link to them.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #47
youngsta

Great pictures guys. Wow my truck looks so ash-ey I should have rubbed it down with baby oil before showing up. LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsta View Post
Great pictures guys. Wow my truck looks so ash-ey I should have rubbed it down with baby oil before showing up. LOL
Man you know you were happy to see a pic of that ride in this thread, it sure would make me happy seeing my truck roll down the street.lol Plus its looking good and you can enjoy it unlike some of us (me).

Looking good buddy it was great meeting you and shadetree tim

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
youngsta

@ Kabwe
Its always good to see the fruits of your labor acknowledged. Years ago my 56 GMC got into classic trucks magazine, while they took pictures of a clean yellow panel truck at the Golden State show. I would beam with pride when I said " You see this headlight in in the corner...That's my truck". Years later you can see my whole truck here, I HAVE ARRIVED!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #50
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsta View Post
@ Kabwe
Its always good to see the fruits of your labor acknowledged. Years ago my 56 GMC got into classic trucks magazine, while they took pictures of a clean yellow panel truck at the Golden State show. I would beam with pride when I said " You see this headlight in in the corner...That's my truck". Years later you can see my whole truck here, I HAVE ARRIVED!
Yes you have, yes you have. I'll arrive someday.lol