The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
elf w/capital T

Re: EZ Air bags, anyone familiar?......

As long as you have done your research, and you have asked as many questions as you could think, and YOU are comfortable....go ahead!!!! Im not familiar with airbag kits and components, so i couldnt really tell ya much about which pieces are good and bad, but good luck!!!!! Have fun and tell us how it all goes....with pictures of course hehe
elf w/capital T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
nibs
JRods Garage

Just looking at the kit in the pictures, I can definitely tell that is not the kit that is described in the ad. Usually never is, but they just show pics to get people interested. I don't blame them! I cant stand an ad without pics!

Anyways, just some words of advice from previous experiences... I personally would stay away from 1/2" valves. Just like the ad says "FAST RESPONSE!" couldn't be more true! LOL I went to a car meet(VW guys) and I had a kid in my (truck)bed that kept wanting me to bounce him up because they were so quick... If that's the look you are going for, cool! Go ahead, but if you want a smooth moving suspension like you see in videos and stuff, go with 3/8".

The rest of the stuff seems legit. Viair is the only brand compressors I would go with. The tank is HUGE! I had a 5 gal in my GTI and it took some time to get filled up, but at least you will have some volume to play with or as a backup if you lose compressors(which almost always happens when you are hours away from home)

If you decide to piece your stuff together, I personally like either Porterbuilt, or *************. Ive always had great transactions with them!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
sheldon

Whoever winds up installing this kit, will you please do a write up/review?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
Whoever winds up installing this kit, will you please do a write up/review?
I will be installing it and of course will take lots of pics and do a review.
hearselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
legotech7

Well, since I started this thread I didn't think I was going to get such overwhelming responses. I'm glad I did, and I've learned much since. And as Sheldon mentioned, if you do decide to use this kit, by all means, give us some expanded details. Iv'e researched their Ultimate Ride kit, and as nibs mentioned, there is more to the kits than the picture show. You should call their CS and they will give you more detail. I agree with nibs about the 3/8'' line, but you can adjust the rate of speed as how fast you can raise or lower you bags. I have those special rate adjusters on my VW Bug, and they work as designed. ( they work well ). I think the kits are pretty much complete. I believe the only thing that don't come with the kits are the adjustable pan hard bar that you might need if you lower the rear past 5 inches. Truth be told if I could afford the kits from PorterBuilt, I would prefer those, but the prices are way out of my range, and EZ Airride I can handle.... Please keep posting........ Thanks.....
legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #31
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibs View Post
Just looking at the kit in the pictures, I can definitely tell that is not the kit that is described in the ad. Usually never is, but they just show pics to get people interested. I don't blame them! I cant stand an ad without pics!

Anyways, just some words of advice from previous experiences... I personally would stay away from 1/2" valves. Just like the ad says "FAST RESPONSE!" couldn't be more true! LOL I went to a car meet(VW guys) and I had a kid in my (truck)bed that kept wanting me to bounce him up because they were so quick... If that's the look you are going for, cool! Go ahead, but if you want a smooth moving suspension like you see in videos and stuff, go with 3/8".

The rest of the stuff seems legit. Viair is the only brand compressors I would go with. The tank is HUGE! I had a 5 gal in my GTI and it took some time to get filled up, but at least you will have some volume to play with or as a backup if you lose compressors(which almost always happens when you are hours away from home)

If you decide to piece your stuff together, I personally like either Porterbuilt, or *************. Ive always had great transactions with them!
Its this kit we are going for http://ezairride.com/ezair/index.php...&product_id=51 so its all branded stuff bar the fabricated bits as you would expect. Its going to be shipped less the tank and airline to save on shipping and we already have a 5 gallon stainless tank here, the fittings are 1/4 so wont fire you in the air like a space hopper although I did ask if they can swap to 3/8 fittings for me.

Cheers

Ash
Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by legotech7 View Post
Well, since I started this thread I didn't think I was going to get such overwhelming responses. I'm glad I did, and I've learned much since. And as Sheldon mentioned, if you do decide to use this kit, by all means, give us some expanded details. Iv'e researched their Ultimate Ride kit, and as nibs mentioned, there is more to the kits than the picture show. You should call their CS and they will give you more detail. I agree with nibs about the 3/8'' line, but you can adjust the rate of speed as how fast you can raise or lower you bags. I have those special rate adjusters on my VW Bug, and they work as designed. ( they work well ). I think the kits are pretty much complete. I believe the only thing that don't come with the kits are the adjustable pan hard bar that you might need if you lower the rear past 5 inches. Truth be told if I could afford the kits from PorterBuilt, I would prefer those, but the prices are way out of my range, and EZ Airride I can handle.... Please keep posting........ Thanks.....
Ive spoken to Steve and EZ and he has been very helpful. Price is the main point for my daughter as she is a student and needs to watch what she spends and we need to contend with shipping costs and import duty. All in all I thought it was a decent value kit with a lot of the hard work done with the pre fabricated parts. Once we order and I get the kit here in the UK I will keep posting as I go and just see what happens.

Ash
Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
legotech7

Good deal hearselover, but I think you'll be happy with the 3/8'' line. Are you going to add drop spindles? Don't forget the write up and pics! lol...

We appreciate.. Thanks......
Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
MSHax

Quote:
Originally Posted by legotech7 View Post
Good deal hearselover, but I think you'll be happy with the 3/8'' line. Are you going to add drop spindles? Don't forget the write up and pics! lol...

We appreciate.. Thanks......
Great advice! +1 on the 3/8 line. I normally run a 3/8 line, but when I bought my current kit I got such a great deal, I thought "EH..why not try the 1/2 line". When I lift it I feel like I built a lowrider, it comes up so quickly, I put in slow down valves for my dump, need to do something for going up though. Unless you're building a "HEY!! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!" ride, 3/8 is perfect.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #35
lorider

I just received the kit and it's amazing. Every bag is individually labeled with exact directions on where everything goes so there's no confusion. The rear cups are slotted so the swivel air heads can move with out problems and it's a solid kit. Everything comes packaged perfect and clean. It has real airlift 2600 dominators the viar compressor and a nice black tank. How they do everything is straight forward. For this kit all you gotta do is plug everything together bolt it up and your good to go. The gauge panel is actually pretty sweet too and looks nice. All in all this kit is amazing and Is a steal at the price. The owner Steve and his workers were emailing me right away and calling me whenever I needed to make sure everything was done exactly how I wanted. Ez air ride is the best way to go without breaking the bank. Any other questions you guys can pm me

- Leighton
lorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
69StepsideMedic

Thumbs up Re: EZ Air bags, anyone familiar?......

Post pics..... Pics pics pics
69StepsideMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #37
lorider

I will within a few days I'm out of town!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #38
69StepsideMedic

Good deal because I've been looking at this kit forever so seeing it from someone on here would defiantly make me feel better about it
69StepsideMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #39
MSHax

Isn't it so great when toys arrive? I wanted to upgrade my sway bar, I'm so excited my ridetech muscle bar arrived yesterday!

I'm with sheldon, you should do a write up on your new kit. I talk to more people at gas stations and store parking lots about it, than I would like to. I want to see a write up so I can just say "here's a link"
Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #40
WIDESIDE72

subscribed!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #41
legotech7

Good deal Lorider, please by all means, the devil is in the details. Document as much as you can and pics are worth a thousand words I'm glad your happy with your kit! If I may ask, witch kit did you get? I was thinking of the Ultimate 2 kit for mine. I only hope the the C notch is a bolt on. I noticed in the pictures, that the notch was in separate pieces, Like you have to weld it together. If so I will purchase the bolt on notch else where.. I think the price is right..........

Keep us posted, Thanks................
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #42
lorider

I ordered the basic c10 kit for 999. I was going to buy the 2.0 kit like you but those step notches are in pieces and are required to be welded so I bought the basic kit and kp bolt on step notches. the basic kit is everything as the 2.0 kit but doesn't have the notches. if you don't want to weld the notches buy the basic one youll definitely be pleased with it its still everything you need and then you can get bolt on notches. the kit though honestly is amazing its so straight forward there is no confusion. you bolt the brackets on bolt the bags to the brackets and use all the supplied fittings just hook everything up and your good to go! il do a build thread and post it here if theres any questions in the mean time you can ask or call steve and say I sent you and he'll hook you up!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #43
sheldon

So, I'm a little okay a lotbehind the learning curve on air ride. My truck has a 4/6 drop as of now. If this kit bolts in place of the coils (that part makes sense) will I be able to adjust my ride height UP from the static height now(highest point of fenders at 28") And will I incur any problem that anyone can see with running 20" wheels with 275/30 rear and 245/35 front? Or are these all questions I should call and ask Steve?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #44
lorider

you will be able to raise it but not to stock height and depending on what notch you have decides your clearances
Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #45
MSHax

Those are pretty small tires, you'll be fine, I have 265/35-22s on my truck and I have no issues when I'm all the way down. It's going to drop it to the stops. when you completely dump the air, it becomes nothing, you'll drop to the bump stops (which is a HORRIBLE ride BTW) I run gauges that I can read and say "ok, 65lbs is ride height" or what ever pressure you're at when you are at height you want. I tore my dash out for some new gauges and rewiring so I can't remember what the pressure was at ride height on my truck
Old 10-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
hearselover

Hi

Has anyone got any pictures of thsi kit fitted yet just so I can see how low the truck will go with the kit on without any modifications to the frame or body. Daugter is pestering me to get it sorted but I really need to see a truck with it on before we go ahead and order so hoping someone has some pics here

Cheers

Ash
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #47
lorider

I'm sorry I'm almost finished with it! I've come into issues with the panhard bar and don't know about what to do to mount it back up! I accidentally cut the old bracket thinking I needed it out of the way when I put the step notches in and with work and everything I've been stuck and don't know how to relocate it. Does anybody have ideas? Cause until I figure that out it's stuck up on jacks!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
hearselover

To be honest any pics of a C10 on bags without a modded frame etc will do just so my daughter can see how low it will be.

Cheers
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
lorider

stock frame and everything just air bags in place of coils?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #50
lorider

stock frame no notches and stock trailing arms theres pictures here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317533