The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
legotech7

EZ Air bags, anyone familiar?......

I was searching the web for air ride kits and this company came up. Their called EZ Airride and they had this advertised....

The Ultimate C10 (63-72) Air Ride Suspension Kit - $1395
- Air Lift Dominator airbags- 7" of travel, 1/2" ports, 600 psi burst rate (four included)
- Blitzluft 1/2" electric valves- 280 psi rating, 4.5cV (FAST response!), virtually bulletproof (8 included- four corner independent control)
- Slow Down Mufflers- 2 adjustable brass slow down/silencer mufflers. Great to control the speed of the front end drop.
- Viair 444c Chrome Compressor Dual Pack- includes two 200 psi chrome air compressors, relays, filters, and more
- Pressure Switch 165 PSI on - 200 PSI off
- 7 gallon STEEL air tank- perfect size for your truck, easily mounts under your bed/between the frame rails. Tried and Tested, USA made.
- 50' roll of 1/2" DOT approved air line
- Brass DOT approved air fittings- no leaks or failures with these quality parts!
- AVS 7 switch control box- this handheld controller hides easily and fits nicely in the palm of your hand.
- Front BOLT ON airbag brackets- designed to fit your factory spring pockets and lower control arms.
- Rear BOLT ON airbag brackets- designed to fit your factory spring pockets and rear axle.
- 8" frame notch kit- Manufactured to match the contours of your stock frame, and will let you lay out on up to 22" wheels!

I thought the price was reasonable, but would like to know if anyone here has ever used them? Good, bad or indifferent..... They have an ebay store with a bunch of other stuff for different chevy's.....Thanks all..........
Attached Images

legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
legotech7

Re: EZ Air bags, anyone familiar?......

35 hits, no reply? Maybe you might want to check out the web site? Someone has had to use them.......
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...ezairride.com/
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
OARNGESI

Looks like a descent kit, but youll still need to buy a few items. You may be able to piece this same kit together cheaper
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
legotech7

Yea, I know I have to get a few more items to complete the set up, I want to add drop spindles, but what else do you think I might need? Could use some help from the experts...

Thanks.........
Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
69StepsideMedic

Been looking at the basic kit they have all over craigslist been thinking the same thing about quality
69StepsideMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
legotech7

They claim all parts made the USA. Probably should give em a call and ask a few questions and see how their CS is.................
Old 10-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
hearselover

Ive been talking to Steve at EZ Air ride for weeks now and he has been very helpful. I am looking at this kit for my Daughters 67 here in the UK so want to make sure I get the right kit first time. I cant find anyone who has used this kit though and was hoping I would find some info here. Has anyone got any opinions on the kit and if any other modifications are needed or is it as described a pure bolt on kit. Would I need to modify anything on the truck or will it just work. Sorry this is my first post and I will go and introduce myself now but my daughter is hounding me to get this kit sorted for her.

Cheers

Ash
hearselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
legotech7

Same here. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has ever used their kits. As far as installation goes, I have experience with air bags, so it won't be that difficult for me. And depending what kit you get, one comes with the C notch and that's the only modification you might have to do since you have to cut out a piece of the frame, but thats not difficult to do according to EZRide. Even their high end kit is reasonable in price compared to others. Like I said still looking to get more opinions.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by legotech7 View Post
Same here. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has ever used their kits. As far as installation goes, I have experience with air bags, so it won't be that difficult for me. And depending what kit you get, one comes with the C notch and that's the only modification you might have to do since you have to cut out a piece of the frame, but thats not difficult to do according to EZRide. Even their high end kit is reasonable in price compared to others. Like I said still looking to get more opinions.
Hi

Thanks for the reply, the kit we were looking at required no mods to the car I was told, we don't want to alter the frame and just want a pure bolt on kit. I'm looking online to see if anyone has used that kit as apparently its their best selling so it must be fitted to someone's truck and if I find out anything I will post it here.

Cheers

Ash
Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
legotech7

If you get a response, please do. Since I want to go a bit lower, I would like to opt for the kit with the C notch. I'm also putting lowered spindles up front.

Thanks for the input....
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
67ctener

To make that setup ride level you will have to z the front, cup your arms or tubular control arms. A lot of people run those bags, those come in the pb kits. It's a nice kit for a good price for what it is I think. I paid 400 for 4 dominator 2600 bags an plates/cups. What's your plan witg the kit? Are you looking for ride quality? Do you wanna lay frame? Are you willing to cut your bed floor and run custom inners up front?
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
legotech7

As for myself, I want to get a slow as possible. Don't necessarily want to lay frame but also want a decent ride. If you can't drive your truck with out getting a fairly decent ride, than what's the point. These things were made to be driven, IMO, right?..... 67ctener, I'm not familiar with the ''Z'' thing. Can you explain what that is? I'd appreciate it. Good info guy's, keep it coming.......
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
67ctener

When getting as low as possible theres a lot of factors. In my situation I wanna get as low as possible while maintaing stock bed floor and inner fenders. Bags and cups are great for this, since I want a low ride height I'm going to be putting control arms on my truck also which eliminates the 2" lower cup letting you go that much lower. Z'ing the frame is where you cut the frame in front of the fire wall and slide it up a few inches to get the crossmember to sit high which enables you to lay frame if desired. IMO opinion I could never cut up a classic truck and if I wanted to lay frame would go with a pb dropmember. Look at n2billets Lucy, that's as low as you can go while maintaing stock fenders and bed floor. Also try the search function, type "bagged c10s" and the first thread is over 100 pages of bagged c10s. This will give you a good idea on your desired stance. I have a ton of pics at home I can upload to give you ideas.
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
hearselover

My daughter just wants it to be lower than it is and go up and down we dont really want to be modifying the truck or cutting anything so a simple system that can drop it as low as possible without cutting modifying or changing anything is what we want and what im told the EZ Kit will deliver. Obviously we are in the UK so there isnt really anythign available her to bolt onto the truck which is what appealed about this kit in that we could return the truck to stock if we wanted.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
67ctener

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearselover View Post
My daughter just wants it to be lower than it is and go up and down we dont really want to be modifying the truck or cutting anything so a simple system that can drop it as low as possible without cutting modifying or changing anything is what we want and what im told the EZ Kit will deliver. Obviously we are in the UK so there isnt really anythign available her to bolt onto the truck which is what appealed about this kit in that we could return the truck to stock if we wanted.
I'd say this kit is right for you. You will still need things that this kit does not include. You will also need adj. Panhard bar and shock relocators. You may want to look at the porterbuilt stage 1 front/rear kits. It will include everything you need except panhard bar and no air management. There is a ton of options so just do your homework. You can also run a simple shrader valve system. The step notch you won't need. Look up "crocodile rock" build thread, he just did a stage 1 kit with ton of pics
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
hearselover

Ahh right I was told that there was no fabrication needed and that everythign was in the kit except some standard nuts and bolts etc. If we need to relocate shocks and panhard bar then maybe we need to rethink what to do to the truck. Like i said i was told it was bolt on no need for any other mods. I appreciate all the information from the experts here its a great help so thankyou.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
67ctener

I'm no expert just what I've dealt with on my own project. Shoot Travis at properformance a pm there a vendor here and he is extremely knowlegable
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
Old 10-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
MSHax

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearselover View Post
Hi

Thanks for the reply, the kit we were looking at required no mods to the car I was told, we don't want to alter the frame and just want a pure bolt on kit. I'm looking online to see if anyone has used that kit as apparently its their best selling so it must be fitted to someone's truck and if I find out anything I will post it here.

Cheers

Ash
I've done a few c10/c20 air rides, the only real "Mod" you have to do is drill holes in the front k-member for the upper bracket to fit. I would recommend drilling a hole out of the back of the k-member as well for the air line or else you'll have to drop the line below the k-member which could result in a scraping ground issue. The truck in my avatar, and photo gallery is air ride equipped.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHax View Post
I've done a few c10/c20 air rides, the only real "Mod" you have to do is drill holes in the front k-member for the upper bracket to fit. I would recommend drilling a hole out of the back of the k-member as well for the air line or else you'll have to drop the line below the k-member which could result in a scraping ground issue. The truck in my avatar, and photo gallery is air ride equipped.
That is a lovelly truck and I think I have a lot of threads to read here and a few PM's to send to make sure we get the right kit. Dughters C10 is here http://www.dur.ac.uk/ashley.holmes/t...rahs%20C10.htm if anyone fancies a look.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
67ctener

That's an extremely nice original truck. Mayb I suggest bagged with stock wheels with hubcaps? Maybe even a little whitewall
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
MSHax

I'm not the roll around town lifting and lowering my truck type of guy, I originally started doing air ride to prevent theft. I grew up in Detroit, automotive theft capital of the world, it's a little hard to steal a car that's laying on the frame. I put air ride on my current truck because it's a LOT easier to get the motorcycles in the back with it's low to the ground, when you start getting into 900lb Harley Electraglides into a truck bed, that steep slope will kill you.

@hearselover, that's pretty cool, that's a nomination for father of the year to import a classic truck to the UK for your daughter. I'm with 67ctener, bags and whitewalls on the stock wheels would be pretty cool looking. Looks like Logotech7 has found a pretty good deal on a air ride setup. I've never used EZ bags, but a entire kit with brackets and controls for $1395 is an amazing deal, that's about half of a Ridetech setup
Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
no_rice

hmm, this does seem interesting... im always back to my main problem of having leaf springs on the back instead of coils though lol.
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ctener View Post
That's an extremely nice original truck. Mayb I suggest bagged with stock wheels with hubcaps? Maybe even a little whitewall
You have hit the nail on the head as that is the exact plan for it.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
elf w/capital T

Yeeaaahhh, I've seen them all over cl, i honestly would not go that way, i would do my research and make sure everything is from someone or place who has a good reputation.....word of mouth by hands on experience IMO. Good luck! Have fun!!
elf w/capital T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #25
hearselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf w/capital T View Post
Yeeaaahhh, I've seen them all over cl, i honestly would not go that way, i would do my research and make sure everything is from someone or place who has a good reputation.....word of mouth by hands on experience IMO. Good luck! Have fun!!
Thanks for the advice but being in the UK limits me quite a bit. I have checked out the kit and the compressor and bags seem to be used on a number of kits and people appear to be happy with them so the only variables are the fabricated parts which unless I made them myself I don't think I will be able to source them elsewhere. I said before the beauty of the kit appears to be the bolt on aspect so no mods and you could if needed change the truck back to standard spec.

Thanks

Ash