The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #26
rustymarco

Re: 56 step side on 07 trailblazer chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Welcome back after the holidays. Your truck is really looking good. I'm having the same problem on the front of my Trailblazer frame swap - only worse since I lowered it more!

Here is my overall look - pretty low - and I have been thinking about raising it up to more like yours.

Your radiator sure looks tight, but if you can make the Inline 6 setup work it will be a great setup. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Ricky
yea i know Rick, i did not expect that problem but obviously track gauge is bigger in the trailblazer,and we have to take in mind when the truck go to take a curb fast and the suspension is working because not always is in level,so we have to leave room and a little bit more to. your truck is looking awesome
rustymarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #27
rustymarco

this is a example of that i wanna do to make that new motor interesting , are 2 thing to do when something dont like you: 1 change it or 2 hide it and that is i go to do hide part of the ugly tb motor (or engine like some people call it) my idea is put a old chevy 6 inline valve cover (not the one in the pic) on the tb coils ,and a filter to cover the horrible admission ,hiding all the wires and pipes and painting the engine blue and black maybe, nothing go to be fake because the cover go to protect the coils and the filter go to be the filter, maybe i can put a distributor cap on top of the air pump valve in the side of the motor a run some fake spark plug wires
Attached Images

Last edited by rustymarco; 01-22-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #28
dsraven

hey rusty, you are making some great progress. looks like your snow is gone. not so much here in calgary but we are working on it this week. thanks for posting all those pics. it makes my mind start thginking about how i will do my truck. it is basically the same thing as what you are doing out there. my donor is an 04 envoy XUV, so it has the 6 cyl and awd just a little bit longer that average and the body is a bit different inside because thay have a midgate and window that comes up or dow, that will all be gone anyway so no matter. I have some pretty big concerns over the wheel fitment on the front fenders though. it doesn't look like there is a lot of room to do a turn if the truck is going over a bump at the same time. will you have to run a different offset wheel? maybe camber the wheels a bit up front? there is one of these online that lingenfelter did from all new parts. look up lingenfelters erod truck. it looks like the front tires are cambered extra and the write up says they used wheels from a chevy 1/2 ton. I assume they had to use the wheel bearing hubs from the 1/2 ton then because the bolt pattern is different from the envoy to the regular 6 stud pattern for chevy trucks. got any ideas?
dennis
gonna start working on my truck in feb, hopefully.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #29
dsraven

oh ya, forgot to mention. are you going to punch some holes in the cross piece where the hood latch is so the air flow will still get to the rad? or will there be enough airflow there from underside? it has been awhile since I had mine apart so can't remember what it looks like up front there. wouldn't want to see you overheating.
the project looks awesome so far and thanks for posting all the pics. it is incentive for the rest of us. good idea with the air filter, it looks cool. are you planning on using the firewall part from the envoy where the master cylinder bolts on? re inforce the old dash to handle the weight and push from the brake pedal? mount the master under the dash like original?
hey ricott, good to see you back at it. will you have tire interference issues? your truck looks good at that height, don't you think?
dennis
Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #30
rustymarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
hey rusty, you are making some great progress. looks like your snow is gone. not so much here in calgary but we are working on it this week. thanks for posting all those pics. it makes my mind start thginking about how i will do my truck. it is basically the same thing as what you are doing out there. my donor is an 04 envoy XUV, so it has the 6 cyl and awd just a little bit longer that average and the body is a bit different inside because thay have a midgate and window that comes up or dow, that will all be gone anyway so no matter. I have some pretty big concerns over the wheel fitment on the front fenders though. it doesn't look like there is a lot of room to do a turn if the truck is going over a bump at the same time. will you have to run a different offset wheel? maybe camber the wheels a bit up front? there is one of these online that lingenfelter did from all new parts. look up lingenfelters erod truck. it looks like the front tires are cambered extra and the write up says they used wheels from a chevy 1/2 ton. I assume they had to use the wheel bearing hubs from the 1/2 ton then because the bolt pattern is different from the envoy to the regular 6 stud pattern for chevy trucks. got any ideas?
dennis
gonna start working on my truck in feb, hopefully.
hi dsraven, no snow here yet just a little bit a month ago but nothing and even no to much cold,around 7-10 degrees, yes the problem with the trailblazer is the bolt pattern 6x5" not to many rims in the market and change the wheel bearing hubs means change the differential or modify the axles to change the bolt pattern and i dont know about the calipers and rotors, so sound complicated to me,this truck is totally different than others gm trucks, the tires and the high are the answer on this ,anyway the wheel on my truck look huge in the truck so necessarily i have to put low profile 17", and that go to give me 2" of room and 2" of lowering
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #31
rustymarco

Quote:
oh ya, forgot to mention. are you going to punch some holes in the cross piece where the hood latch is so the air flow will still get to the rad? or will there be enough airflow there from underside? it has been awhile since I had mine apart so can't remember what it looks like up front there. wouldn't want to see you overheating.
the project looks awesome so far and thanks for posting all the pics. it is incentive for the rest of us. good idea with the air filter, it looks cool. are you planning on using the firewall part from the envoy where the master cylinder bolts on? re inforce the old dash to handle the weight and push from the brake pedal? mount the master under the dash like original?
hey ricott, good to see you back at it. will you have tire interference issues? your truck looks good at that height, don't you think?
dennis
that is not the final high of the radiator i have to see my truck (my daily driver is a 08 trailblazer to) and take some measurements,i think go a little bit more down than that, is not necesary to make holes in cross piece,even help the air from the fan focus in the radiator i have to close the bottom in the same way to not lose air flow ,keep the cooland in good temp. go to depends of the fan and no to much from the air flowing for the movement of the truck,maybe only in highway but driving here i have to stop in almost every corner ,imagine in downtown...
i go to use the firewall part yes, is very strong and have the proper shape for the brake booster and the original holes for steering column and wiring harness with the seals ,under dash not to many changes just the necessary to hold everything in working condition ,i dont know about the controls in the steering column ,ignition,signals,cruise control ,i wanna use that stuff but i dont like the steeering column and steering wheel ,no airbag
Old 01-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #32
dsraven

I was going to do a little research on the axles and hubs/brake rotors etc. wondering if the wheel bearing hub is the same bolt pattern where it mounts, like if a 1/2 ton hub would bolt onto the envoy steering knuckle. then if that is ok, see if the axle spline and size is the same. if not can the end of a 1/2 ton c/v shaft be swapped out with the envoy/trailblazer end. if not I am thinking of redrilling the axle flanges between the original holes to fit a regular 1/2 ton bolt pattern. the rotors would need to match as well. I have to research a little more to see if the hub on the envoy has a bigger centre hole or if that is the same. it would suck to do all that drilling and find out a regular wheel won't fit because the hole in the middle is too small or too big to fit the hub.
anyway, not there yet. hope to get back on the truck in feb. studying for a big exam at work.
thanks for the pic. i would send you one but it is dark here right now. it was 12c here today and melting. kinda wierd for jan in calgary.
keep up the work, it's coming along well. good ideas too.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 AM   #33
rustymarco

probably hubs and shaft fit but now the rotors can have some differences ,maybe going to lordco with hub and rotors to compare can be a good idea both diff. are 8,6 by 30 spline
Old 01-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #34
dsraven

good idea, maybe just call them and see if they have stock on both hubs and rotors, then working with clean parts. they would appreciate that as well. could also see if they have a spec sheet page for the hubs and rotors. I would look into it myself but am studying for a promotional exam at work so will have to wait from my end. don't forget to take calipers or ask if they have some to measure with. take pics as well so you can remember what spec is from where. the hub specs could be on the SKF wheel bearing hub website.
good luck and have fun.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #35
rustymarco

working in the front chassis and rad supports
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #36
Kim57

Coming along nicely.
Kim
Old 02-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #37
dsraven

looks like the truck plan is shaping up well. will you be using the newer style rubber mounts for the cab and rad support? just wondering if there could be problems with flex of the components because the original mounts are really quite solid compared to the newer stuff from the trailblazer. I am curious if there could be issues with door gaps when driving over uneven surfaces etc. maybe have to put some extra support/bolts where the fenders bolt on at the lower rear? maybe I am thinking too much into it? wouldn't want to have a problem after the truck is painted. I am soooo far away from that right now though, ha ha.
good pics, by the way. keep-em coming and keep up the great work. itis cold and snow on the ground here in Calgary. nice to see green grass somewhere.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #38
rustymarco

[QUOTE=Kim57;7033375]Coming along nicely.
Kim[/QUOTE
thanks ,no problems for now
Old 02-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #39
rustymarco

Quote:
looks like the truck plan is shaping up well. will you be using the newer style rubber mounts for the cab and rad support? just wondering if there could be problems with flex of the components because the original mounts are really quite solid compared to the newer stuff from the trailblazer. I am curious if there could be issues with door gaps when driving over uneven surfaces etc. maybe have to put some extra support/bolts where the fenders bolt on at the lower rear? maybe I am thinking too much into it? wouldn't want to have a problem after the truck is painted. I am soooo far away from that right now though, ha ha.
good pics, by the way. keep-em coming and keep up the great work. itis cold and snow on the ground here in Calgary. nice to see green grass somewhere.
thanks, im using the tb mounts, everything go to be ok this chassis only go to flex in a crash is very strong , the tb mounts arent soft and i can put more press in the bolts if i wanna put more hard the rubber but im not worry about that i not go to do rockcrawling with this ,the more hard are the rubber less absorb the movement of the chassis , in soft chassis soft mounts, in hard chassis hard mounts and even when the chassis is a solid estructure like a race car not need mounts can be bolted directly or use aluminium and hard plastic mounts ,i cant wait for the spring here raining almost every day
Old 02-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #40
dsraven

hopefully you have some cover for the project. I am back to work in the shop as a side line job and it is busy because i took a month off to study for a promotion. hopefully I will get some relief and the old truck will come out of hibernation. yours looks like it is coming along well. hopefully the rain won't slow you down too much. I guess thats why it is so green in the pics.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #41
dsraven

hey rusty, you been working on that truck at all? I have been stalled out with jobs in the shop and my regular job. wifey wants a kitchen reno as well so the truck suffers.....again.
give us an update. we are all starving for a progress report, ha ha.
hey, the weather in Calgary is pretty good lately. how about your end?
Old 04-26-2015, 03:08 AM   #42
rustymarco

ok after more than 2 months im back with a lot of updates ,after the chassis i adapt the power brake pedals with the plate ,just cut a big hole and bolt in and the pedals were modified
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:11 AM   #43
rustymarco

dash were sanded to the bone and small rusted parts cleaned by electrolysis and protected with rust paint
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:13 AM   #44
rustymarco

i paint the engine gm orange
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 AM   #45
rustymarco

and have some hard days with the wires a lot of them and i do the mistake of take out from the trailblazer without put labels and cut some,i delete airbags belt sensors and doors (except speakers),heater,a/c,fan speed sensor,shifter wires and relocate wires in the engine and battery
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:24 AM   #46
rustymarco

after that WHEELS one of the most important parts for me in a car orange like the engine and the emblems , are the 17" steel trailblazer i put clips and baby moon caps and 225/45/17 and fix the problem with the fenders,hows look?
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 AM   #47
rustymarco

install the windshield alone is one of the most difficult thing in this project
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:32 AM   #48
rustymarco

steering column ,i have fun using my creativity with this i use a pvc pipe and a heater gun heating the pipe and giving the shape for make a cover for the ugly column, key hole were deleted now is in the dash and i found a 56 chevy steering wheel on ebay and i restore it
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:33 AM   #49
rustymarco

some more
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2015, 03:39 AM   #50
rustymarco

cluster my big challenge ,i remove everything from the 56 and put step motors inside some wires to the TB cluster 4 leds and done custom cluster for 10$, yes rpm are there to from 0 to 60 x10 sharing numbers with speedometer,and now the oil pressure light 1956 is the check engine light (hi dakota digital)
Attached Images