The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #26
Killer Bee

Re: Who Likes Cookies?

popular on dr. dimento back in the day, now try to get that out of your head now

Old 03-21-2020, 06:33 PM   #27
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

You motivated me to strike up the oven, but I don't have your motivation Leon - Pillsbury choc. chip, here I come
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:48 AM   #28
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
amen to that! and just who doesn't like cookies?!

where were you all those times I tried to get mom to put chocolate chips in her oatmeal cookies?

lover her dearly but just couldn't think out of the box sometimes
Yeah, My MIL always made the Raisin ones but she liked the CC ones when I started making them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There was an act-or named Kookie. Seventy Seven Sunset Strip... snap snap

So Leon, on that cookie recipe I just use the same amount of raisins in place of chocolate chips for oatmeal raisin. I can always enjoy some chocolate, but golly Bill them oatmeal raisins is enough to make a feller want to set and eat his self a batch and deal with gittin' sick later!

Yes, about 6 oz. Raisins, 12 if you like a lot of Raisins....... and a little more Cinnamon in them. I like to pace myself a little bit on the eatin' so they last longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
You motivated me to strike up the oven, but I don't have your motivation Leon - Pillsbury choc. chip, here I come
It doesn't do any good to light the oven if you don't have any cookie dough to put in it.... ... That store bought stuff is terrible compared to the homemade.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:14 AM   #29
dmjlambert

My wife and I are hopelessly addicted to a nightly Nonni's Almond Dark Chocolate Biscotti. We have bought them for years from Sams and Costco. But now it seems they are discontinued. There have been times in the past where they are mysteriously gone from Costco for several months, and then come back. This time I am fed up and just making my own. My wife says they are better than Nonni's. I think they are as good.

I modified this recipe I found on the Internet:
https://www.shelovesbiscotti.com/alm...ontainer-42244

Modifications are slightly higher amount of sugar, added anise seed, and chocolate, and increased baking time because 30 minutes did not make it golden brown, and I did not find it necessary for the eggs to be at room temperature. I am not Italian, but I understand Biscotti means twice baked. These are crunchy. Dip them in your coffee.

Name:  2020-03-21 23.11.22.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  41.1 KB
Almond Biscotti

Ingredients
1 cup whole almonds raw
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon pure almond extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoon anise seed (picture below)
semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325° F. Position rack in the center.
Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and sugars).
Crush anise seeds with mortar and pestle or knife edge
In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add olive oil, extracts, anise seeds and zest. Whisk lightly together.
When almonds are toasted, remove from oven and coarsely chop.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir with wooden spoon until just incorporated.
Fold in chopped almonds (make sure they have cooled off before incorporating in the batter).
Use a large serving spoon to scoop out the dough and place it on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Add another scoop adjacent to the batter on the cookie sheet and keep going until two logs are formed.
With wet fingers, shape into a log shape.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown in color and firm. Allow to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and transfer to cutting board.
Using a serrated knife, slice cookies about 3/4 inch thick.
Place slices back on the baking sheets on their sides, and return them to the oven for about another 20 minutes. Turn them over at the half way mark.
Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
Melt a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler. Remove from heat.
Spread chocolate using a knife on the bottom of each cookie and place chocolate side down on wax paper.
Repeat melting chocolate and spreading on biscotti as needed to finish the batch.
Let cool completely, which will take longer than you like.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Attached Images

dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

I'm going to have to bake me up some oatmeal raisin cookies. My son never seemed to like them so I never bought or made them. Then I see he had bought one somewhere. So "Mikey likes it!" His name is Sam

and in the spirit of 67-72 threads gone awry, a cool video somehow related to cookies because I don't have any recipes

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #31
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
My wife and I are hopelessly addicted to a nightly Nonni's Almond Dark Chocolate Biscotti. We have bought them for years from Sams and Costco. But now it seems they are discontinued. There have been times in the past where they are mysteriously gone from Costco for several months, and then come back. This time I am fed up and just making my own. My wife says they are better than Nonni's. I think they are as good.

Modifications are slightly higher amount of sugar, added anise seed, and chocolate, and increased baking time because 30 minutes did not make it golden brown, and I did not find it necessary for the eggs to be at room temperature. I am not Italian, but I understand Biscotti means twice baked. These are crunchy. Dip them in your coffee.

Almond Biscotti

Ingredients
1 cup whole almonds raw
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon pure almond extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoon anise seed (picture below)
semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325° F. Position rack in the center.
Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and sugars).
Crush anise seeds with mortar and pestle or knife edge
In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add olive oil, extracts, anise seeds and zest. Whisk lightly together.
When almonds are toasted, remove from oven and coarsely chop.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir with wooden spoon until just incorporated.
Fold in chopped almonds (make sure they have cooled off before incorporating in the batter).
Use a large serving spoon to scoop out the dough and place it on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Add another scoop adjacent to the batter on the cookie sheet and keep going until two logs are formed.
With wet fingers, shape into a log shape.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown in color and firm. Allow to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and transfer to cutting board.
Using a serrated knife, slice cookies about 3/4 inch thick.
Place slices back on the baking sheets on their sides, and return them to the oven for about another 20 minutes. Turn them over at the half way mark.
Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
Melt a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler. Remove from heat.
Spread chocolate using a knife on the bottom of each cookie and place chocolate side down on wax paper.
Repeat melting chocolate and spreading on biscotti as needed to finish the batch.
Let cool completely, which will take longer than you like.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Looks like a good one I will have to try it.

LockDoc

-
Old 03-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #32
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Tim, here is the wife's mothers original Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe..... More Cinnamon and no Kahlua or chips.

Grandma "B's" Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
pinch salt
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 scant tsp. soda in 4 Tbs. milk
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins

Beat the shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add half of the the flour and milk soda mixture. When that is mixed well add the other half. Mix in the oatmeal 1 cup at a time. Mix in the raisins.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes in hot oven (375º F)

LockDoc

-
Old 03-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #33
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post

It doesn't do any good to light the oven if you don't have any cookie dough to put in it.... ... That store bought stuff is terrible compared to the homemade.

LockDoc
Yeah, I've heard the same about boom sticks of late - I ended up burning them anyway
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #34
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

LockDoc
NOTHING beats homemade! End of story.

And if anyone is interested I just crossed my arms and made a pouty face.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
-
Tim, here is the wife's mothers original Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe..... More Cinnamon and no Kahlua or chips.

Grandma "B's" Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

LockDoc
Thanks a heap. So simple, holsum, and good! Nothing against chocolate, but that can be had easily about anywhere anytime.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #36
dmjlambert

OK, I made the no bake cookies and they were great. Today I got brave enough to go to the liquor store and get some Kahlua. So the chocolate chip cookies will be next. I'm still collecting ingredients. The local egg and flour hoarders are slowing me down in getting the last few things I need, but I guess I'm not in a hurry. I also got some Everclear, so that will give me patience, and sanitize me at the same time. I got some rum, who has the good recipe for rum cake?
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #37
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
OK, I made the no bake cookies and they were great. Today I got brave enough to go to the liquor store and get some Kahlua. So the chocolate chip cookies will be next. I'm still collecting ingredients. The local egg and flour hoarders are slowing me down in getting the last few things I need, but I guess I'm not in a hurry. I also got some Everclear, so that will give me patience, and sanitize me at the same time. I got some rum, who has the good recipe for rum cake?

Sounds good!

Don't forget you have to check the Kahlua out before you put any in the cookies to make sure it's good. I usually do that a couple of times during the process.....

Let us know how they turn out.

LockDoc

-
Old 04-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #38
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
No Bake Cookies for the people that aren't big on chocolate.

These have basically the same ingredients as the chocolate ones (- the chocolate + the peanut butter)

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup butter
2 cups of granulated sugar
1/2 cup cold milk
3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Instructions

Add your butter, sugar and milk to a heavy bottomed pot, bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute while stirring.
Take your pot off the heat and mix in your peanut butter, vanilla and oats.
Use a spoon to scoop and drop your cookie mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and let cool until firm.

My wife made these yesterday and they are really good.

LockDoc

-