The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #151
Tinkermc

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

I must agree with you about the LMC parts, glad you made your own, looks good
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #152
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
That B pillar looks great after you fixed it up. Way better than the LMC one. The most impressive thing to me is that you managed to fix the floor with the seat in there!!! You must be a lot more flexible that I am!
Thanks man, I actually took the seat out when I did the whole floor edge piece but it has been in and out several times, I did the floor patch,kick panel, and pillars with the seat in though, gotta keep the garage semi accesable in case of a hail storm for the wifes hondur. It was a PITA welding in the kick panel and floor patch for sure! maybe I am a contortionist my beer gut is getting in the way! Hard to take good pics with the seat in the way also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
I must agree with you about the LMC parts, glad you made your own, looks good
Thanks Tinker, I would be a lot farther along if the repair pieces actually fit properly. Just glad that I have some skill, not great skill but I do alright.

Working on the cab corner today, pics to follow....

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #153
67c10rustbuket

Today I was a little busy with the little princess and wife so just had little truck time, I gave up my Saturday to put more decking in the attic to store more baby stuff for the next one. I told the wife we wouldnt need all the girly stuff cuz the next one is a boy

Here is my progress...

Seems to be a little sloppy in the corner that mates to the rocker and B pillar so I did some tweaking, sliced the cab corner in half to match what I cut out. I should have cut from the outside as cutting from the inside provided a nice ramp to shoot the sparks and debris right into my face

I had to slot the lower corner in several places where the metal was bunched up preventing it from making the proper curve.

used some duck bill pliers and channel locks to bend the flange in to where they shoud be. also bent the pinch weld profile to match the rocker.

Did a rough test fit and it is pretty close just need to square up the cut and tweak the rocker where I have some interference with the rocker pushing the cab corner out at the bottom.

Should have this properly fit up and welded tomorrow, hang the door to check the pillar alignment and install the rocker.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car

Last edited by 67c10rustbuket; 05-28-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #154
67c10rustbuket

Ordered some gas pedal "bling" from the man Mike at slosh tubz and I am going to order some energy susp cab mounts to get the cab back up to where it needs to be and cut the hump hole... I may be pulling the cab off soon but I just cant decide what to do next?...

Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #155
El Campo

Cab corner looks great! I have to do that with my cab from Arizona. No rust but has a *($)%^& dented cab corner so I STILL have to do cab corners!!!!!!!!! It never ends I tell you!!!! And as you found out they never fit. Have heard Tabco corners fit the best. I'm going to give them a try for better or worse. Even if they do not fit much better at least they are American made and I still believe in helping our fellow countrymen out when I can.
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #156
El Campo

Do you have a high hump already btw? If not I have one that I would sell you for a song if you are interested.
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
Hook em Horns!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #157
Tinkermc

progress looks good
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #158
tantrumpipeline
Master Procrastinator

Looks great, not a small undertaking by any stretch doing all that patch work, especially when you're properly gapping and aligning everything
77 2wd short fleet beater
52 short project
tantrumpipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #159
suspect

looking good on the progress...see, you should've quit school a long time ago and been working on your truck.

Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #160
mcbassin
Still Learning

Nice work on the cab corner Dan. You will have the rust repairs done in no time. Then the real fun begins
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #161
oldman3

Hey Dan, after reading your post on the HAMB on Cody's build, I finally got time to read your build from the start. You are doing a great job on all the repair panels. I know what you are going thru with panels not fitting correctly, had the same problem on Jimbo's build that I did. I'm subscribed(your #111) now so I'll continue to watch your progress and commit once and awhile. Great job and look forward to more updates....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #162
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Cab corner looks great! I have to do that with my cab from Arizona. No rust but has a *($)%^& dented cab corner so I STILL have to do cab corners!!!!!!!!! It never ends I tell you!!!! And as you found out they never fit. Have heard Tabco corners fit the best. I'm going to give them a try for better or worse. Even if they do not fit much better at least they are American made and I still believe in helping our fellow countrymen out when I can.
Thanks man, I am going to try out Tabco on the pass side, mcbassin used their cab corner and it fit great. Mine well it is okay but I still had to do a little slice and weld. details later this weekend...

Quote:
Do you have a high hump already btw? If not I have one that I would sell you for a song if you are interested.
I actually have one already but I do appreciate the offer, I paid $90 for mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJs69CST View Post
Looking really nice! Making good progress, too.
Thanks MJ I love how yours is coming along too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
progress looks good
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline View Post
Looks great, not a small undertaking by any stretch doing all that patch work, especially when you're properly gapping and aligning everything
Thanks! you dont have to tell me about the small undertaking! man these trucks with the "typical rusty rockers etc" ahhhhhhhhhhh! PITA what a bad design but they look so good! I was reading on your build and it looks like you were using the same crapberry phone for the early pics. Nice job by the way I'm not quite done reading on your but I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspect View Post
looking good on the progress...see, you should've quit school a long time ago and been working on your truck.
Oh man, I guess we could just move in with you when I get right sized I will be back in school in the fall. See you tomorrow. PS I could get more done if I had a baby sitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Nice work on the cab corner Dan. You will have the rust repairs done in no time. Then the real fun begins
Yeah I can't wait for the real fun, after this "learning experience" the pass side should be cake and a lot quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Hey Dan, after reading your post on the HAMB on Cody's build, I finally got time to read your build from the start. You are doing a great job on all the repair panels. I know what you are going thru with panels not fitting correctly, had the same problem on Jimbo's build that I did. I'm subscribed(your #111) now so I'll continue to watch your progress and commit once and awhile. Great job and look forward to more updates....Jim
Thanks Jim, now my cover is blown Cody is one talented guy over there !! I'm getting close to 300 subscribed threads on here and added your roadster today. I read through 10 pages at work (very busy) nice job on the top that is sweet!

Well my update: The rocker is on and the door closes with the push of a finger! must have done something right. here are a couple pics for now and I will get some better pics and all the dirty details later this weekend, Pics up next!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #163
67c10rustbuket

Here is the rocker on. just a few more welds and the corner goes in. I had to slice and dice and pound blah blah. better pics coming later this weekend. I have to be at work in 6 hours. boooooo! but hey it is more truck money but it is killing my truck time.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #164
67c10rustbuket

Today I got a $242 "screwin' " courtesy of the OTC. It seems the Prius conspiracy has hit Oklahoma with QUADRUPLE penalties !!!! Previous tag expired in 2011.......
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #165
67cheby
67cheby

nice work ......and OUCH !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #166
oldman3

Sucks on the tag deal....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #167
El Campo

That sucks man! Only one time ever have I had a good deal happen when was messing with the DMV. I let the registration run out on my Harley when I was in nursing school and broke as a joke. 2 years later I went to renew it and I had been driving it and I told them so. They tried to go back and charge me registration for the year before since I had been driving but the computer would not allow them to penalize OR even charge me!!! Literally laughed out loud right there. Saved myself like 70 bucks!
Hook em Horns!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #168
fakerwade

Your panel replacements look great!! Too bad about your plate fees, you could always move to Idaho,,, only $30 here!
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #169
kevmac

great thread, subscribed!!!
kevmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #170
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
nice work ......and OUCH !
Thanks MIke !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Sucks on the tag deal....Jim
Sure does Jim !

Quote:
That sucks man! Only one time ever have I had a good deal happen when was messing with the DMV. I let the registration run out on my Harley when I was in nursing school and broke as a joke. 2 years later I went to renew it and I had been driving it and I told them so. They tried to go back and charge me registration for the year before since I had been driving but the computer would not allow them to penalize OR even charge me!!! Literally laughed out loud right there. Saved myself like 70 bucks!
Yeah a guy at work (biker dude) was telling me the same thing, guess it is jsut for bikers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Your panel replacements look great!! Too bad about your plate fees, you could always move to Idaho,,, only $30 here!
Thanks Wade,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac View Post
great thread, subscribed!!!
Thanks Kev, I like the truck you just got that is much nicer (less rust) than what I started with, cant wait to see you get started! get a build thread going when you start so we can see the action.

Here's the deal on the tag: the tag cost $21 a year, my '93 $24 a year. cheap enough right? well I have a "black tag" on the '67 which is a non-use tag which used to be no penalties since it is obviously not driven, Well they changed a few laws on me and now they penalize all expired tags. In the past the maximum annual penalty was $25 but now it is $100 !!!! so $42 to tag it from 2011 to 2013 and $200 in penalties on a vehicle that is tagged for NON-USE ! Fudge.. The only way out of the penalties is if the vehicle was down for major engine/trans repair so I explained that it is being restored and has a newer late model drivetrain installed and that should justify eliminating the penalties and the tag office said they didn't even know how to do that. duh. So I called another tag office and they confirmed this law and said just bring us the receipt for the work, I explained that I installed a new drivetrain in the vehicle and they said well you need a receipt... Arrrgh screwed.

Enough whining. A lot of Pics coming up ! rocker and cab corner are on

Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #171
67c10rustbuket

Okay lots of pics coming, First round I aligned and welded the B pillar then blasted and welded some more on the A pillar. Also cut the bottom tip off the A pillar thinking this would promote drainage in the event that water gets into the rotted drip rail ever again. This will also allow me to spray some Eastwood rust encapsulator through the rocker plug hole in the front maybe to further protect from rusting again ?
Attached Images

Last edited by 67c10rustbuket; 06-17-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #172
Harpie

I feel your pain brother same thing happened to me when I bought my 71 it had not been tagged since 05 so being a popo I knew about if it was down for repairs it would do as you stated so I just got myself a receipt book from Walmart hand wrote a receipt and worked like a champ. If ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin I always say lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #173
67c10rustbuket

Here I sliced and welded the rocker and cab corner mating edges because they seemed to have an inward taper at the bottom that was hurting my alignment and I just wasn't happy so I fixed it....
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #174
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpie View Post
I feel your pain brother same thing happened to me when I bought my 71 it had not been tagged since 05 so being a popo I knew about if it was down for repairs it would do as you stated so I just got myself a receipt book from Walmart hand wrote a receipt and worked like a champ. If ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin I always say lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Harpie ling time no see, I should have thought a little harder and wrote some receipts but I have been real busy at work and my brain is suffering. What city you work for? I have a few in the family (popo's) Hinton and Anadarko out in western OK. Haven't seen your build thread up in a while how's it going? . Later

Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #175
67c10rustbuket

Here are a couple of the rocker welded on and setting up the cab corner. Got some Harbor freight butt splice clamps to help out. Awesome cheap crap but hey you get what you pay for.
Attached Images