The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #176
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

Here are some fun pics where I put the wife to work for a minute and then she took a couple pics of me smoothing out the welds also. She wouldn't break out the nice camera that we bought her though so more crappy point n shoot pics! Yes I am 34 and balding, just shave it off !!
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #177
Harpie

It's going great and I'm still around I been slacking on my updates but I got mine down to bare frame and fixing to put new front horns on since I found mine had been in some sort of an accident at some point so no big deal. Bout time to blast it and start reassembly and then body work oh so fun. But to answer your question I work for LightHorse police department I am a tribal officer now I used to work for Bryan Co Sheriffs office for years as a drug interdiction k/9 handler. Now I work a little everywhere so lots to keep me busy. Anywho yours looks great I'll hafta give ya shout if I'm ever up your way I would love to see ya truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #178
67cheby
67cheby

Lol, great shots !
Posted via Mobile Device
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #179
67c10rustbuket

Her eyes are not really red

Here it is all cleaned up for the moment. This is alot more work than I thought from looking at others before I started. Lots of grinding, beating, sanding, welding, cursing, etc...

At first the rocker was too tight and caused some friction with the lower door so I had to slice it and re-adjust so that is why there was a huge weld bead on the rocker to B pillar. Lots of grinding on there!
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
Old 06-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #180
67c10rustbuket

A couple more...
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #181
67c10rustbuket

Now a little rattle can self-etch primer, Yes I will blast it and use some real epoxy later once I have enough done to justify breaking out the paint gun. Just want to keep my sweat from rusting the bare metal..
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #182
oldman3

Looking good....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #183
67c10rustbuket

You may have noticed that the top of the rocker is not yet welded or primed that is because I have yet to stretch the metal around the corner to mate to the pillars where the weatherstrip attaches. I ran out of time and energy tonight.. A couple more pics, I am pretty happy with the door fitament It is slightly off and the door latch mechanism in the door is garbage but it shuts and lines up pretty nice. Gaps are all pretty good just a little tight on the bottom to the rocker. I may have to thin the bottom edge of the door but I will wait till I get some weatherstrip and rebuild the hinges before I try to go crazy on alignment.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #184
VA72C10
VA72C10

looking good! Nice work...

...and on the penalties...if you have any friends who work at a shop, have them write a receipt for the engine work...or even a hand written receipt and note the vehicle being dropped off the first year and picked up the 2nd...

since you weren't driving it, I'd fight for the $200
Old 06-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #185
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpie View Post
It's going great and I'm still around I been slacking on my updates but I got mine down to bare frame and fixing to put new front horns on since I found mine had been in some sort of an accident at some point so no big deal. Bout time to blast it and start reassembly and then body work oh so fun. But to answer your question I work for LightHorse police department I am a tribal officer now I used to work for Bryan Co Sheriffs office for years as a drug interdiction k/9 handler. Now I work a little everywhere so lots to keep me busy. Anywho yours looks great I'll hafta give ya shout if I'm ever up your way I would love to see ya truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh yeah my bro in law is/was a DEA task force sniper and also was a K/9 handler. Pop the meth heads Got promoted now has a crew under him. Souds good man I will be blasing my frame soon also hopefully, Shoot me a PM if your head out this way if you want to see my project, Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
Lol, great shots !
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah wait till she sees them haha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Looking good....Jim
Thanks Jim!

Lastly ..... Happy father day all !!!
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #186
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
looking good! Nice work...

...and on the penalties...if you have any friends who work at a shop, have them write a receipt for the engine work...or even a hand written receipt and note the vehicle being dropped off the first year and picked up the 2nd...

since you weren't driving it, I'd fight for the $200
Yeah I should have done something but I was frustrated and in a hurry so I paid the "MAN" oh well, overtime is good and money is rolling in but I would rather have more parts! the pile is growing You finally get the plan figured out on a short bed truck? I've been watching your build, seems plans change every week for you. Later

Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #187
67chevy1series

Rust repair is looking good!! Keep it up man all the body lines are gonna be spot on when your done!
Posted via Mobile Device
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #188
DD1

Looking good, Dan. You don't know anyone in a repair shop who could have written a receipt for you? Or maybe shown receipts for the parts you bought? I have never heard about being fined for expired tags. They don't care if it's registered here if you are not driving it. Happy fathers day!
Posted via Mobile Device
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #189
Tinkermc

starting to show some real progress. lookin good
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #190
mcbassin
Still Learning

Nice work Dan! You'll be done with the rust repair soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #191
DD1

Nice pic of the wife sanding! Great to see that she gets involved. I like having my wife help out; actually wish she would do it more often. I did a little bit of cutting today that I would have preferred she did (I am not too good with straight lines), but I got tired of waiting.

So, you put the rocker panels in before you put on the cab corners? Just want to make sure I get the order right. Also makes my life easier as I plan to cut the cab corners from my original cab, and it helps it I can do that last!

The cab is looking really nice!!!! Hope you had a great father's day!
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #192
trashmanryan

Looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device
trashmanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #193
fakerwade

Dang dude your patch work looks great!! Looks like every thing is lining up real well for you. What brand were those rockers?
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #194
JohnT71

Rust repairs looks great and nice gaps on the doors. Keep it up, coming along nice. When you get to the motor install let me know I will try to help. I put mine in and is running and driving, starting from the seat. I think I am leaking antifreeze around the intake, should have changed the gasket before I installed.
JohnT71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #195
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
Rust repair is looking good!! Keep it up man all the body lines are gonna be spot on when your done!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Rick, She will get there someday. One piece at a time. Hey feel free to send me some of that trim I need some

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Looking good, Dan. You don't know anyone in a repair shop who could have written a receipt for you? Or maybe shown receipts for the parts you bought? I have never heard about being fined for expired tags. They don't care if it's registered here if you are not driving it. Happy fathers day!
Posted via Mobile Device
Ehhhh maybe if I had my thinking cap on. I've been too busy working OT and my brain is suffering. That part of the law is going away at the end of this month or next anyway. That is what the tag office told me so anyone else in OK get ready for a screwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
starting to show some real progress. lookin good
Thanks Tink! Where is your project? havent seen a build from you yet. I read somewhere that you have 2 of these trucks. Got pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Nice work Dan! You'll be done with the rust repair soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Mike! I sure hope so. I'm sick of messing with rust and ill fitting panels. I'm sure you know the feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Nice pic of the wife sanding! Great to see that she gets involved. I like having my wife help out; actually wish she would do it more often. I did a little bit of cutting today that I would have preferred she did (I am not too good with straight lines), but I got tired of waiting.

So, you put the rocker panels in before you put on the cab corners? Just want to make sure I get the order right. Also makes my life easier as I plan to cut the cab corners from my original cab, and it helps it I can do that last!

The cab is looking really nice!!!! Hope you had a great father's day!
She doesn't get that involved maybe just a little photo op. I will get her more involved when the dirty stuff is done. Yes I put the rocker on first but it looks like you could do it either way. In my case the cab corner sprung out a bit and I decided that I should attach the rocker first since it attaches to the rear pillar at the cab corner. This way I was able to make sure the door alignment was good before fighting the cab corner. I have seen people do it both ways, just worked better for me this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanryan View Post
Looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Dang dude your patch work looks great!! Looks like every thing is lining up real well for you. What brand were those rockers?
Thanks Wade I had to fight with it a little but the rockers were "good" as opposed to the other garbage panels. They were all Tri Plus/Key Parts from Classic Chevrolet in OKC

http://www.classicchevroletpartsonli...kinId=7.1.9.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT71 View Post
Rust repairs looks great and nice gaps on the doors. Keep it up, coming along nice. When you get to the motor install let me know I will try to help. I put mine in and is running and driving, starting from the seat. I think I am leaking antifreeze around the intake, should have changed the gasket before I installed.
Thanks John, Im sure I may have a Q or 2 when I get there. Shouldn't be much longer but I have to get the frame cleaned up first and the new front
suspension in. I think I will be changing out the intake gaskets as I saw a few signs of leakage and after googling a bit about it this is a real good leaker of an intake.

A couple pics to follow............

Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #196
67c10rustbuket

I have been "working" quite a bit of overtime lately so my progress is suffering, but my truck funds are growing . I did manage to get the front suspension taken apart and the lower ball joints pressed out. Check out the globs of grease/dirt!!! time for some blasting errr paying someone else to blast them. I got a set of 73+ MOOG ball joint$ from member/vendor mbgmike (Mike's Bump and Grind) for a great price and I am waiting on some more MOOG: '67 control arm shafts & bushings, inner tie rods, tie rod adjusting sleeves, 73+ outer tie rods, and something else ? also got a new ign switch and harness pigtail, as well as a few other parts I can't remember at this moment....
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #197
suspect

my front suspension looked just like yours. 40 yrs of oklahoma clay caked on. i attempted to power wash and scrap with a screwdriver for about 45 min, then i gave up.
this 100+ weather we've had the past 4 days is wearing me out, plus 10 hr days with no a/c in our shop. i just keep thinking, there is no way we can have another summer this your like last year. i can't think like that, just one day at a time. i came home and passed out on the couch at 5:30pm, now i'm up at 3:30am. i'll feel pretty good until about 2 pm starts rolling around.
just let me know when your ready to move your bed tomorrow, i get off work at noon. i'll be around the rest of the day. rebekah was asking if lacy is going to be home?

i just noticed you started your build thread 1 day before mine. anyway, just saying.

Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #198
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspect View Post
my front suspension looked just like yours. 40 yrs of oklahoma clay caked on. i attempted to power wash and scrap with a screwdriver for about 45 min, then i gave up.
this 100+ weather we've had the past 4 days is wearing me out, plus 10 hr days with no a/c in our shop. i just keep thinking, there is no way we can have another summer this your like last year. i can't think like that, just one day at a time. i came home and passed out on the couch at 5:30pm, now i'm up at 3:30am. i'll feel pretty good until about 2 pm starts rolling around.
just let me know when your ready to move your bed tomorrow, i get off work at noon. i'll be around the rest of the day. rebekah was asking if lacy is going to be home?

i just noticed you started your build thread 1 day before mine. anyway, just saying.
That is Georgia clay, seems more friendly than the Oklahoma version This stuff comes off in dry clumps. Man I wish I could sleep like that! I have ac in the shop at work but even still it is hot especially with a torch in my hand. and this weather is killing me! I will text you in a while once I finish my "truck research" (busy waiting on engineer........)

You trying to compete with me You already won, just saying

Last edited by 67c10rustbuket; 06-29-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #199
El Campo

I read your whole build but I can't remember. Are u putting on 73 and up spindles? I did that on mine with 67 arms and works good. If u have any questions about it just fire away.
Posted via Mobile Device
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #200
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
I read your whole build but I can't remember. Are u putting on 73 and up spindles? I did that on mine with 67 arms and works good. If u have any questions about it just fire away.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea I have the Western Chassis 2.5" drop spindles for '73+. From what I know I need 73+ ball joints and outer tie rods, inner rods and control arm bushings/shafts and everything else would be for '67. The only thing Im not totally sure on is the tie rod adjusting sleeves, I think you can use either?

I took the bed off so I can strip the frame and paint it, or pay someone to blast and powder coat it, not decided yet. We moved the bed behind my new fence with a big enough double gate to drive through. Thanks again Daniel (Suspect),Alex, and Mickey for attending the bed relocation party!

Oh yeah that is my replacement roof in the bed. I will be doing a little roofadectomy in the future because mine has some rust issues, imagine that
Attached Images