The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #176
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Well......after a looong weekend haha nothing really got done on the truck. Went a little crazy and went and threw some new speakers and a radio in my car. My bday present to myself actually is going to be putting a fully furnished audio system in it, speakers and radio.

Took her out for a cruise just in the neighborhood give her some run time ran like an absolute champ once she warmed up, all in all it was a good weekend.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #177
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Well......after a looong weekend haha nothing really got done on the truck. Went a little crazy and went and threw some new speakers and a radio in my car. My bday present to myself actually is going to be putting a fully furnished audio system in it, speakers and radio.

Took her out for a cruise just in the neighborhood give her some run time ran like an absolute champ once she warmed up, all in all it was a good weekend.
Ill have to convert to my modern radios, and thats good you gave her a spin. I didnt see a photo of a tach though. i was told you were doing that!
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #178
77ChevySharkBite

Sorry, I was but it really was a wild weekend my parents ended up going to dallas so I had to go to my moms so I could take care of her dog, let me see if i can do some digging and I'll try to get it here for you today. I think I have the picture on facebook haha

Things are also going to be kind of slow because I'm in the process of trying to build myself a computer.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #179
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Sorry, I was but it really was a wild weekend my parents ended up going to dallas so I had to go to my moms so I could take care of her dog, let me see if i can do some digging and I'll try to get it here for you today. I think I have the picture on facebook haha

Things are also going to be kind of slow because I'm in the process of trying to build myself a computer.
Naw just given you crap. but i would like to see how you mounted it
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #180
77ChevySharkBite

Hey look at what I found on good ole facebook as promised a few days later than should. Before its stated, I know its crooked reason for that is because where its mount my column moves with my shift lever, so when its in drive its looking right at you, and sits between the speedometer, and fuel gauge ghetto.....maybe but hey it works and thats what I care about!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #181
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Hey look at what I found on good ole facebook as promised a few days later than should. Before its stated, I know its crooked reason for that is because where its mount my column moves with my shift lever, so when its in drive its looking right at you, and sits between the speedometer, and fuel gauge ghetto.....maybe but hey it works and thats what I care about!

Lol nice! hey mines more ghetto, its also mounted on the column, but theres a hose clamp holding mine down
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #182
77ChevySharkBite

man I never saw you replied or got an e-mail saying so, dont feel bad I have a clamp thats holding mine down too you just can't see it haha.

Did a lot of nothing on the truck this weekend, it was a big up and down this weekend went to the Houston Auto Show here in Texas, went to an outlet mall yesterday, and found out my grandma that's in Dallas is in the hospital not doing so well, so needless to say it was a very interesting weekend.

Might not be much going on the next couple of weeks and such, in the process of trying to get myself a new car, and moving out of my apt to go live with my dad, but don't think I'll be forgetting about the truck just got to save up a little cash to buy A LOT of sandpaper to try and get the rest of the cab done, my dad still wants it done by summer and that's my goal so I still have a little time left all one piece at a time though.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #183
chevybuilder18

thats kool. i love car shows. im sorry about your grandma. and i hope everythings going good for you. i understand its gonna be stop take a couple weeks, maybe a month then fiddle with it again.. well thats what im doing. only because thats all i can do because of this weather
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #184
77ChevySharkBite

yeah car shows are definitely sweet!!! thanks man, I mean I understand whats going on with her it's part of life, but still hard to deal with doesn't help either there around the Dallas area. Yeah mine is probably going to be a lot like that soon, its warming up here in Texas and when it gets hot, it gets hot!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #185
77ChevySharkBite

Well as we all know part of having a project and it being a slow budget build we have time to see things change our minds, time and time again, well I've changed my mind again. Go figure right?

What I'm thinking of doing is something you see most nowadays with our trucks there bagged or dropped nothing wrong with that by no means either. I'm thinking about lifting my truck instead of dropping it, just to be different which I aspire to be with my truck among other things I sat down this weekend, and started thinking long and hard about the truck and so I made 2 big changes to the plan. 1, being lift instead of drop 2, I'm going to keep it how I bought it motor wise, I'm going to leave my drinkin 305 in there and just have fun with it, it'll still be modified some but wont be a powerhouse but still can kick it and have fun. The color scheme and everything else is going to be staying the same and still going to be restoring the inside out to what I like but those are going to be the 2 big changes to the plan.

With all that said let me know what you guys think?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #186
JRANGER

Unless its a 4x4 I see no reason for a life....It would just be funny to have a life on it but thats just my opinion...Everything else sounds good
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #187
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
Unless its a 4x4 I see no reason for a life....It would just be funny to have a life on it but thats just my opinion...Everything else sounds good
Appreciate it man! Yeah my 305 has some power I spun the tires pretty nice this weekend, I say my truck is an attention whore everywhere I go people are looking at it, not sure if its the half primed truck or that its crazy loud either way I love it.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just thought it'd be cool and something different to do.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #188
truckzilla

Talking Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Well as we all know part of having a project and it being a slow budget build we have time to see things change our minds, time and time again, well I've changed my mind again. Go figure right?

What I'm thinking of doing is something you see most nowadays with our trucks there bagged or dropped nothing wrong with that by no means either. I'm thinking about lifting my truck instead of dropping it, just to be different which I aspire to be with my truck among other things I sat down this weekend, and started thinking long and hard about the truck and so I made 2 big changes to the plan. 1, being lift instead of drop 2, I'm going to keep it how I bought it motor wise, I'm going to leave my drinkin 305 in there and just have fun with it, it'll still be modified some but wont be a powerhouse but still can kick it and have fun. The color scheme and everything else is going to be staying the same and still going to be restoring the inside out to what I like but those are going to be the 2 big changes to the plan.

With all that said let me know what you guys think?
It's your truck, do whatever you'd like to do regardless of what others do to theirs. Many years ago, I had an old '59 Ford stepside longbed, it was goofy looking as heck! Having leaf springs at all four corners, I went to a wrecking yard and picked up more leaf springs. I put in a couple of leaves under each leaf stack and it raised it up like a 4x4! It rode like a bus but boy was it fun at speed on old dirt back roads! made me feel like I was running the Baja 1000!

Main point being, it's yours, do what makes you happy with it!
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #189
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
It's your truck, do whatever you'd like to do regardless of what others do to theirs. Many years ago, I had an old '59 Ford stepside longbed, it was goofy looking as heck! Having leaf springs at all four corners, I went to a wrecking yard and picked up more leaf springs. I put in a couple of leaves under each leaf stack and it raised it up like a 4x4! It rode like a bus but boy was it fun at speed on old dirt back roads! made me feel like I was running the Baja 1000!

Main point being, it's yours, do what makes you happy with it!

Appreciate the honest and truthful words. Yeah I mean I'm not going to go crazy and doing off-road crazy in it, it'll be more for enjoyment looks and well just plain, the just because I can kind of deal.

Now I just have to save my money lol penny's and all

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #190
77ChevySharkBite

Well as you all know our toys cost money, well I called and got a price for my lift over here in Houston they quoted me $1050 with tax, for a pro comp 2.5" lift installed and everything aside from tires but I know where I'm going to get those from already.

In the mean time here's my to do list to knock out by hopefully August, September depending on how money goes and well I don't need to explain everybody goes through it here's the list.

To-do list by Summer/Fall 2013

1. Finish sanding and priming truck (Remove All Trim)
2. New Lights (Turn Signals, Head lights, etc.), Grille, Head Light Bezels, Turn Signal Bezels, Lower Grille Piece, Chrome Grille Pieces,
3. Rebuild front-end upper/lower control arms, springs, shocks, upper/lower ball joints, Tie Rods, Tie Rod boot, Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve, Wheel Studs Front/Rear, Control Arm Brushing, Control Arm Shaft Kit Upper, Idler Arm, Front/Rear Sway Bar

Looks like I got some getting dirty to do don't ya think?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #191
77ChevySharkBite

Well didn't really plan on this happening so soon but came across a deal and well I took it, here are my new seats for SharkBite, there 2005 Chevy Tahoe 3rd row seats the cushion is taken off thats why it looks messed up, but these seats are in awesome condition now its time to start designing a bracket for them to go in, so me and my buddy are going to start cracking at it, until then here's some pictures for you guys!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #192
JRANGER

Awesome man!
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #193
77ChevySharkBite

Yezzir I'm pumped and I'm ready to start learning how to weld its something I've always wanted to learn since I was little so this will definitely be a challenge no doubt!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #194
Greenlee

Nice! Those seats will look good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #195
77ChevySharkBite

Oh I forgot to mention the guy wanted 175 obo so I said what the heck I'll offer him 100 and well you can see the results lol I have some new seats. there charcoal grey which to me it looks awesome period!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #196
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
Nice! Those seats will look good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man, yeah my friend and me just took measurements on how long, tall, and everything I'll need to make brackets and what not for it. So he's designing them he's better with computer drawing than I am. I'll post a picture of what the design will look like when we're finished.

I'm sooo stoked to put them in!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #197
77ChevySharkBite

Well my friend finished the design of what the brackets will look like last night we just did a rough sketch to get a basic idea of what it'll look like when I get home tonight I'll make sure to add them on here so you can. since there will be a little bit of an opening for under the seats what I'm thinking of doing to cover it is maybe put a piece of diamond plate or something to go under the seat that way it hides it all but needless to say I've got A LOT of work ahead of me, a lot to learn and to practice but nothing I'm not capable of!

Now I just got to go get me a little welder and start learning how to weld so come time to start doing all the work it'll be a little bit easier for me.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #198
truckzilla

I was wondering if part of your old seat frame might be modified and the Tahoe seat base connected to it? If you know what I mean?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #199
77ChevySharkBite

Yeah it makes sense. I thought it would but because of Tahoe seat you can fold it down to have it lay down pretty much, it's causing to have a whole custom bracket set up if that makes sense?

The way my 77 seats are done with the bolts and what not on the Tahoe seats there's not where to place those same bolts on metal if that makes sense? What I'm really having to do is take the existing holes that are on the truck, and Tahoe seats and pretty much fab something together to make them join all together and mesh if that makes any sense at all?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #200
truckzilla

It does. I was just trying to think of some easier method of mounting the Tahoe seats without having to do a lot of fab work. I know they're gonna look killer in there! Can't wait to see the new bracketry that you all come up with.