The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2023, 01:42 AM   #2051
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

saving a spot for them finished winderz pics
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:44 AM   #2052
Gregski
Post Whore

Going to integrate the aftermarket Intellitronix digital gauges with the EV BMW Lexus GS450h VCU ver 2 hardware
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2023, 12:13 PM   #2053
Gregski
Post Whore

can't wait till she get's new bed sides next year, SUMMIT Road Trip anybody ?
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2023, 02:25 PM   #2054
Gregski
Post Whore

Range Test #3 - didn't quite hit 35 miles and I babied the hell out of it, No Freeway driving at all, mostly residential and kept it under 45 miles per hour, gentle and took me well over an hour

so I am calling this the 30 mile battery pack, and NO I aint saying run a 9 kWh battery back, of course it is too small, but you know what for a quick install for a Proof of Concept it is absolutely brilliant and makes for a functioning "One Errand At A Time Truck" aka the OEAaTT

"hey dad, can we go to Subway?" yes kid, no problem, "hey honey can we also go to Target?" ... tomorrow baby, tomorrow, ha ha
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2023, 07:51 AM   #2055
yuccales

Dash is looking good! BTW, the bacon and coffee I understand. The rest however is way over my head!
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:44 PM   #2056
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Dash is looking good! BTW, the bacon and coffee I understand. The rest however is way over my head!
LoL, me too !!!
Old 09-15-2023, 05:57 AM   #2057
72 tigger

Target tomorrow- funny!!
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 07:00 AM   #2058
notsolo

It's the cut off wheel trivot on the kitchen counter that got me.....I think Gregski should start an ask "Mr Wizard " Youtube show, try and explain to slow brains like me how ya do that.....(not the trivot.....the whole battery/ Lexus fundamentals of wiring.) "Bacon on the side" is also a good catchy title.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:43 AM   #2059
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
It's the cut off wheel trivot on the kitchen counter that got me.....I think Gregski should start an ask "Mr Wizard " Youtube show, try and explain to slow brains like me how ya do that.....(not the trivot.....the whole battery/ Lexus fundamentals of wiring.) "Bacon on the side" is also a good catchy title.
baconOnTheSide.com hmmm ???
Old 09-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #2060
Gregski
Post Whore

TOP SPEED TEST #1

82.7 MPH

so took her on the Highway for the first time and OH MY GAWD she drove like a dream, effortless! I just jumped on, on one entrance and did not stay on too long cause I had no idea how far she could go on speeds upwards of 65 MPH, but she did fine. Keep in mind she has no side windows yet and that creates drag, and I didn't fully commit on this first test, so this is just a start. Also only running on one motor in that Lexus GS450h transmission aka MG2, we are not sending any torque commands to the smaller motor aka MG1 at this time, this is on purpose.

My truck Specs:
215/65 R17 tires
3.73 rear differential

Speed tests should be performed on a closed course / private road.

Update from Me in the Future: I did NOT have my torque set to Max on this test, I forgot about that!
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2023, 01:15 PM   #2061
biketopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregski View Post
top speed test #1

82.7 mph

so took her on the highway for the first time and oh my gawd she drove like a dream, effortless! I just jumped on, on one entrance and did not stay on too long cause i had no idea how far she could go on speeds upwards of 65 mph, but she did fine. Keep in mind she has no side windows yet and that creates drag, and i didn't fully commit on this first test, so this is just a start. Also only running on one motor in that lexus gs450h transmission aka mg2, we are not sending any torque commands to the smaller motor aka mg1 at this time, this is on purpose.

My truck specs:
215/65 r17 tires
3.73 rear differential

speed tests should be performed on a closed course / private road.

update from me in the future: i did not have my torque set to max on this test, i forgot about that!
nice

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 08:00 PM   #2062
yuccales

Gregski, that is awesome! Glad to hear it ran smooth! Here is my analog version of your "all time maximum speed". Never ran Goldie any faster then this. Got kinda spooky.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2023, 10:59 AM   #2063
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Gregski, that is awesome! Glad to hear it ran smooth! Here is my analog version of your "all time maximum speed". Never ran Goldie any faster then this. Got kinda spooky.
Wow, I luv it, she done did 95 MPH? was there wobble or a whole lot shaking going on?
Old 09-16-2023, 11:02 AM   #2064
Gregski
Post Whore

Reason Number: 5,499 to convert to electric
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2023, 09:21 PM   #2065
yuccales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Wow, I luv it, she done did 95 MPH? was there wobble or a whole lot shaking going on?
Had good tires balanced well so pretty smooth. What was worrisome was the faster I went, the free play in the steering box seemed to get worse, plus the engine sounded like it was going to let go. It didn't. The truck let me know driving with one hand, working a camera with the other was a pretty dumb thing to do! As for gas prices, $5.25 per for the cheap stuff today!
Old 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM   #2066
Gregski
Post Whore

I will never understand why dingleberries block out their PUBLIC license plates when they list cars for sale for instance, it makes zero sense
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2023, 10:10 AM   #2067
biketopia

Quote:
Reason Number: 5,499 to convert to electric
Quote:
Had good tires balanced well so pretty smooth. What was worrisome was the faster I went, the free play in the steering box seemed to get worse, plus the engine sounded like it was going to let go. It didn't. The truck let me know driving with one hand, working a camera with the other was a pretty dumb thing to do! As for gas prices, $5.25 per for the cheap stuff today!
Yikes $3.42 for us here in VA.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:39 AM   #2068
Gregski
Post Whore

so been working with a friend from the East Coast on my digital gauges

EV Converstion: Artur K of MotoArt, digital gauges, introduction
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 09-22-2023 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:39 AM   #2069
D.B

Quote:
so been working with a friend from the East Coast on my digital gauges

EV Converstion: Artur K of MotoArt, digital gauges, introduction
I noticed you have Temp, Oil and Fuel gauges. What are these actually reading.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 12:05 PM   #2070
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B View Post
I noticed you have Temp, Oil and Fuel gauges. What are these actually reading.
very good question:

Temp is coolant temp just like in a regular vehicle, a lot of the EV components are liquid cooled, so this truck still has a radiator and a cooling loop that goes from the liquid cooled battery charger to the liquid cooled inverter to the liquid cooled motors inside the transmission. The coolant is circulated using a Tesla electric water pump.

Oil is what we are using to monitor the transmission fluid that circulates through the automatic transmission and the oil cooler which is integrated into the stock GM radiator just like with a TH350 transmission.

Fuel is actually showing us remaining battery capacity at the moment simply based on remaining voltage level. Since the gauge is only a two digit unit we are doing a little trick and simply subtracting 300 volts from the total and just displaying the remaining voltage which ends up almost perfectly coinciding with 0-100 percent charge as the full charge of this battery pack is 398 volts, so it works out great.
Old 09-22-2023, 01:28 PM   #2071
D.B

Quote:
very good question:

Temp is coolant temp just like in a regular vehicle, a lot of the EV components are liquid cooled, so this truck still has a radiator and a cooling loop that goes from the liquid cooled battery charger to the liquid cooled inverter to the liquid cooled motors inside the transmission. The coolant is circulated using a Tesla electric water pump.

Oil is what we are using to monitor the transmission fluid that circulates through the automatic transmission and the oil cooler which is integrated into the stock GM radiator just like with a TH350 transmission.

Fuel is actually showing us remaining battery capacity at the moment simply based on remaining voltage level. Since the gauge is only a two digit unit we are doing a little trick and simply subtracting 300 volts from the total and just displaying the remaining voltage which ends up almost perfectly coinciding with 0-100 percent charge as the full charge of this battery pack is 398 volts, so it works out great.

Thanks for explaining it. I get the fuel gauge showing 59 percent. But the temp showing 23 degrees and the oil showing 35 psi. Those readings baffle me. Why so low?
Old 09-22-2023, 02:15 PM   #2072
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B View Post
Thanks for explaining it. I get the fuel gauge showing 59 percent. But the temp showing 23 degrees and the oil showing 35 psi. Those readings baffle me. Why so low?
I think in that pic we had certain things turned off so that they would not make noise in the video we were shooting and talking over and so the 23 is the minimum temp the gauge can show so 23° F the 35 is not PSI it is the PWM percentage that we are sending to the oil pump to control it's speed, that is dynamic based on torque.

We are editing a video with more detail and should post it shortly.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:02 PM   #2073
D.B

Quote:
I think in that pic we had certain things turned off so that they would not make noise in the video we were shooting and talking over and so the 23 is the minimum temp the gauge can show so 23° F the 35 is not PSI it is the PWM percentage that we are sending to the oil pump to control it's speed, that is dynamic based on torque.

We are editing a video with more detail and should post it shortly.

I understand, thanks for telling me and I will be looking forward to seeing your video.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:44 AM   #2074
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

My truck has had a SB 350, A BB 454 and now an LS1. My wife asked me if I finely had the Engine I wanted. I told her “ There’s always Tesla”. LOL
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 01:31 AM   #2075
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide View Post
My truck has had a SB 350, A BB 454 and now an LS1. My wife asked me if I finely had the Engine I wanted. I told her “ There’s always Tesla”. LOL
that would be an Excellent Choice! lemme grab my Volt Meter and I'll be right over to help you get started! and I'm sure we'll make a lot of friends on here ��

in related news, My Gawd My Truckulator Runs AmazeBallz! we may have raced a BMmer can't confirm nor deny ����