The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
dracko

Re: Can you guys help me out with this new floor pan 66 panel

I hear ya man, I bought my 64 off eBay from Bozeman MT and it didn’t look too bad in the pics .... wellll so far I’ve replaced, rockers, kick plates, lower pillars, floor braces, cab corners, outer sections of floor and up to firewall, door skins, fenders, bedsides, tailgate and front bed panel. Haha I guess I’ve replaced more than I kept.

To the best of my knowledge the upper floor pan to the firewall isn’t available, I just used some flat sheet metal and cut to fit. I won’t have a recessed high beam switch anymore but I can live with it.

If your inner rocker panel is just a flat piece of sheet metal then half of it is already on that floor pan panel you posted earlier. The patch I used is similar but
narrower and runs the length of the door. Once you drill out the spot welds holding the outer rocker on you’ll see what’s cookin. May need lower pillars and kick plates too.

Were the inner fenders rusted up top where the bolt to the rad support? There is a patch panel available that kept me from having to replace mind. 4-5-6 trucks makes and sells them.
dracko is offline   Reply With Quote