The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
98layinframe

Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

Im new to this forum and figured id share my current project if anyones interested. Im pretty much going to copy and paste my build thread from over at S10forum so hope this works correctly.

Picked up a "bagged" 89 s10 last year. Plans were simply save this thing from its hacked up beat up previous bag job by fixing all the things that were wrong and just drive it. Well as usual, nothing i do stays simple things spiraled down hill from there.

As i bought it complete with flipped mono leaf no shocks front OR rear, cracking booger looking bent notches rubbing driveshaft, and then up front floating bag cups that didnt fit for **** and would shift around everytime ya aired up to make the bags rub. Wont bore ya with a bunch of talking and strait to the pics.

sitting at full lift.. showing the ****ty lift out back of the over the axle little bags.

"laidout"

proceeded to push the truck into the garage and completely tear it apart.

First started with cutting the lower arms up and replating them so no lower bag cup is required

the structure made out of 1.5 x 1.5" tubing to reinforce the arms.

all welded in.

Didnt take pics, but the second lower arm is all finished also.

cut the upper bumpstop mount off, this gives me an extra 1" of lift with stock arms, and if i do end up running the tubulars.. atleast it will look alot nicer.

cut the spring pockets out, pushed the back wall of the spring pocket back and rewelded it all up. Provides plenty of space behind the bag without offsetting.

the original back section of the frame was so hacked up and twisted.. it got wacked off. again going with the free extremely cheap i hacked off the back of another stock frame to splice onto my front stock half.

made up a quick frame jig to narrow the frame rails 5 1/2"

trimmed mounts and slid the new narrowed section inside the stock frame rails.

rails all cleaned up welded in and notches started.

welded in and rails cut out.

98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote