The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
JustLearnin

New Guy, Not So New Blazer

Hey guys. Found this website a few weeks ago and proceeded to read my way through the first 100 pages! Amazing amount of information; wish I would have read first, then bought. Oh well...

Purchased a 1972 CST Blazer last fall. I was originally wanting something that I could plow snow with but still have fun in the summer with the family. I've had a few jeeps and really enjoyed them, but really wanted a longer wheel base.

I was able to get a month or so of summerlike driving; I took that top off first thing. The engine went out on me in the first few weeks, unfortunately. My mechanic swapped it out with a crate engine (330hp IIRC) so I could enjoy the last few weeks of nice weather. Swapped out the tires and wheels too. Already making memories with the family. The kids sure like it; the wife not so much (we had a little break down when she went with me to haul the jet ski out of the lake). Note to self, make sure the mechanicals are like new before introducing the wife to the new toy. She always loved the jeeps so I'm confident that once everything is gone over she'll enjoy it...

It's getting a frame off restoration this winter. Hopefully I'll get it back in about a month or so. (I highly doubt it'll see a plow now. ) Looking forward to getting it back! Anyways, here is how the rust bucket looked when I brought her home, and the old engine. First try on pictures, so hopefully it works...
Attached Images

My '72 Blazer Build Thread
JustLearnin is offline   Reply With Quote