The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Missing members

Mudder, Silly Old Man, Quentin (dude cracked me up more than once), C10 King and all that bunch, LUV2XLR8 and the TN bunch, See Ten, 72Highlander... and 1,000+ more

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-28-2017 at 05:31 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #52
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Nice to see you posting TX fire, I haven't been on as much time to time myself. TX I have no tolerance much for stupid either.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #53
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

Since I have had eye issues and I can't find a screen in braille I have been in hiding.
Old age is OK, its the side effects that get you.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #54
special-K
Special Order

Good to see you are still around, Old Iron. That's a good excuse to not be showing up here much. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you still get to see the other fine members in your neck of the woods from time to time

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-15-2017, 10:24 PM   #55
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
Since I have had eye issues and I can't find a screen in braille I have been in hiding.
I get it!! I'm using a 32 in TV for a monitor. I got it because I was having trouble seeing but then I had cataract surgery and now everything is bigger than life.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #56
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
Hmmmm, I guess we are lucky to still have a garage door when you rolled into our driveway the other day haha!
Old 05-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #57
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I guess you could say Liz would be on this list as well. The daily posts/threads used to be some pretty funny crap. Shane, Yukon Jack, so many I was used to seeing every day.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #58
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Smile Re: Missing members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
The reason I posted after being away for 2 plus years is that members are more and more starting to give careless or misleading answers to people on subjects that they obviously don't know anything about. After seeing that happen repeatedly for months I decided to reset my password and log in again to try and set things back on the path for a while.

I have a mindset. If I answer your question, I have done it myself and can personally assure the accuracy of my answer, often with pictures that I took myself. If I don't know about the subject at hand I just read and go on without saying anything.

What you get though, is anonymous internet members giving wrong answers and causing the person needing help to be misled. Why should they care, they are just a screen name on the internet ? If I gave a bad answer and some poor bastard spent time and effort and money based on my bogus answer I would absolutely lose sleep at night. Apparently a lot of newer members don't carry the same sense of responsibility. I have literally met 75-100 members from here in real life. How am I gonna look those guys in the eyes if I pass along guesses rather than facts ? I am not anonymous. You can find me at any Decatur or Pate swap meet. If I steer you wrong, come see me at a swap meet and tell me about it. People will know where I'm at and point you in the direction. I will do right by you. I genuinely do give a damn about guys scraping and scrimping to build trucks. If you need my help, I will tilt the earth off it's axis to help you. I'm socially awkward in real life, but I will help you build trucks if you get past the initial awkwardness.

I'll keep posting on here to help when I can, but my bullsh1t filter is pretty much non existent anymore, so I'm sure the mods will make my current stay a short one. I will point out inaccuracies and if it seems the poster was nonchalant in giving the bad info out, I will call it like I see it.

Not trying unduly to be a dick, but people deserve level best efforts at getting their answers and help. Facebook is for off handed guesses. Half them bastards can't tell the difference between an EGR valve and a master cylinder but that damn sure doesn't stop them from spouting off guesses and incorrect facts. I ain't got time for that sh1t, all I care about is building trucks.
Glad to see you back!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #59
prairewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Mudder, Silly Old Man, Quentin (dude cracked me up more than once), C10 King and all that bunch, LV2XLR8 and the TN bunch, See Ten, 72Highlander... and 1,000+ more
...maybe some found un-opened Safes and are just looking for good Crackers...
Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #60
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nice to see you back on here Kevin!! I don't think I've ever got on the 67-72 FB page. I don't get on there nuch period. I have too much real stuff to do than to read the BS and get pissed off and worry about all that. So I just stay off it. I do like to watch the sale pages as you can find some really good deals on there some times. Problem is, you have to be on there and look for them.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #61
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairewolf View Post
...maybe some found un-opened Safes and are just looking for good Crackers...
Or maybe they figured out who sent the damn flowers and were taken away in unmarked, black Suburbans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I do like to watch the sale pages as you can find some really good deals on there some times. Problem is, you have to be on there and look for them.

And QUICK. I've seen stuff sell in minutes on my local truck club's FB page. That's not the norm, but it definitely happens for the good stuff.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Funny, somehow I keep forgetting FB exists till someone brings it up.

Tim

Old 05-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #63
davischevy

Your up a little late aren't you special-K?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 PM   #64
special-K
Special Order

Yep. Up late early to rise. Sleep is over rated. When are you going to post that husbands on different floors joke? Richard will like it! He told that doctor one and it reminded me of it.

Tim

Old 05-19-2017, 12:51 AM   #65
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Junkie hasn't been on forever with her Burb. And I think it was Lara Wild (?)... she was always interesting.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Yes, Lara was more of flash in the pan than Junk. She has been known to pop on, but it's been a good while as far as I know.

How about Powell72? Chris had the coolest medium blue & white '72 Cheyenne (Super?) shortbed set up nice that he drove and drove out there along the front range of Northern Colorado. He'd make videos that we all enjoyed. Then he shortened that truck for his wife Rita (before the divorce). Nice pair! Not her, the trucks. They were featured in a magazine. His truck had all left alone original paint/trim and hers was one of the first satin black as well as a shop truck we had seen here. He came back with his baby blue '67 shorty with chrome reverse, 6 banger, with all the right stuff. Haven't seen him here in a while.

Tim

Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #67
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

A lot of these people being mentioned are active on Instagram.
They post lots of pics of what they are up to.
And it's easy to send them a private message or talk directly to them in their post.

This place is still the informational source for everything truck related!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #68
special-K
Special Order

It's still everything it ever was for those of us who don't need to follow the latest trend or need something new to be happy. Kinda why I'm still into these trucks after 45 years, was running wide steelies and slots through decades of wheel trends, and why I feel a Chevy small block is still one of the greatest engines ever made.

Speaking of female members, how about Jersey Girl?

Tim

Old 05-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #69
72kool

Great to see you tx!!!

I really missed seeing your post. You have been one of the most helpful members for me here. Your threads are very helpful to my build and really informative and ingenious.
Really glad to see you back. Hope to see more from you

This post shows though how I'm not on here as much as I use to be, and late to the party. Unfortunately life gets in the way and sometimes just don't get on here.

I wish I knew people here more than just a screen name. There have been times I have a question and know a member that would have the answer, but they havnt been active and no other way to contact them. And sometimes just wish to know they are ok.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #70
Spartan

I'm more of a noob here but if you hang around enough you learn who gives out straight dope and who's just on dope.
Mostly if I run into a problem now I just lurk and search. Just about everything has been covered.
Also some fellas have a great sense of humor.
I got flamed once for a stupid answer and learned that just cuz you do something one way it's not always the correct way so I hold my tongue unless I'm sure it's correct.

I always look for certain posters like Kevin et al.

Lately I seen some profiteering on the parts board but if its info I need I come here.

I don't do FB because the govt file on me is already too big.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #71
flashed

Im on here way too much ,all I know how to do is write checks ,just ask my Bodyshop guy .Im just glad he dont charge me storage ,currently got 4 or 5 trucks up there and may take another one if it dont sell.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #72
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

It appears that the lights are still on here but no one is home.

I was watching a post in the suspension section and noticed that the moderator for that section hasn't even been on here since March 2nd. That's nearly three months that there has been no teacher in that classroom.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #73
slomotion
Old Duffer

When I was building my truck I "lived" on this site getting information, asking questions, and finding out what was what. My build was 10-12 years ago when I was younger ......I was in my early 60's. I still have the truck, still drive it, and still visit this site on a regular basis posting occasionally.
I now have grand kids that are close to the age of the majority of the members here, and their access to information is leaps and bounds ahead of what my generation's was just ten years ago.
The thing is, things change. Your best friend in high school becomes a memory, the guy you trusted your life to in the military is a memory because he died a few years ago in a home for seniors. There was a time when "scoring" on Friday or Saturday night was the goal, now a good bowel movement is also gratifying. You senior folks here on the board know exactly what I'm trying to say. Laugh and scoff now young people, but when you get older your whole outlook changes and with that so will your priorities.

I suspect most of the "Old Names" here on the board have just moved on to different interests. It's what keeps the world turning.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #74
cayoterun

Hello, All:
I check in every day, but don't have anything to add. Fathertime and health issues has pretty well grounded me from the shop. We have move to town. Wife and I decided to "turn our backs and walk away" from the family farm I had invested about 65 of my 77 years, with the last 42 with my wife of 50+ years raising 4 kids. We all have spent many years driving tractors, getting kicked by calves at weaning and working time and tinkering. We've fixed up about a dozen cars of the '50s and '60s. We fixed up all 4 kids cars that they drove thru
hi-school and college. Still have 3 stored away. '65 Chev Impala, conv. '64 Olds. Cutlass conv., and '69 Camaro, conv. and of course, my last hoorah---the '46 Chev pu/w GMC V12 motor. So, the summary of my years with all of you. Wishing all of you young gear heads the best, and will be out here checking on your progress as you keep our old hobby alive. May God bless and keep you safe when you "toe the throttles".

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 05-28-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #75
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayoterun View Post
Hello, All:
I check in every day, but don't have anything to add. Fathertime and health issues has pretty well grounded me from the shop. We have move to town. Wife and I decided to "turn our backs and walk away" from the family farm I had invested about 65 of my 77 years, with the last 42 with my wife of 50+ years raising 4 kids. We all have spent many years driving tractors, getting kicked by calves at weaning and working time and tinkering. We've fixed up about a dozen cars of the '50s and '60s. We fixed up all 4 kids cars that they drove thru
hi-school and college. Still have 3 stored away. '65 Chev Impala, conv. '64 Olds. Cutlass conv., and '69 Camaro, conv. and of course, my last hoorah---the '46 Chev pu/w GMC V12 motor. So, the summary of my years with all of you. Wishing all of you young gear heads the best, and will be out here checking on your progress as you keep our old hobby alive. May God bless and keep you safe when you "toe the throttles".
Sorry to hear of your health issues and the selling of your farm. I'm sure that was tough. It is nice to see you back on here. I saw some GMC V12s this past weekend and thought of you as I hadn't seen you on here much lately. I hope all can go as well as it can for you and your family! Take care.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote