The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2017, 01:59 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Built not bought

Personally I always thought this was a silly thing to say. Its arrogance and a put down. Some people just don't have the skill set, but still have a love of these trucks. If they pay someone to do the work there's another of our trucks on the road. And someone made some dough for their family.

I'm more of a model builder style guy. I don't have the skill set to do major stuff, but I can put stuff together that's been done for me. Cant build an engine, but I can put one in. That kind of thing.

Ive been wrestling with a huge dilemma, I only need one truck. Today for some reason that built not bought thing went through my head. I wonder if I can actually build a truck frame up and do pretty much everything myself? I only have one truck that hasn't had any work done by someone else. Well except its in pieces ... taken apart by someone else. I wonder if its something I would appreciate more and be more likely to say ... Ok that's it, no more trucks this one is a keeper.

More fodder for my thought process =)