The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Gyawo

Angry Avs

A week ago I ordered a shaved door kit from AVS, while ordering it I converted the currency over to Canadian dollars, went through with the transaction via paypal and upon the website "completing" my order it showed me an error screen saying my order did not go through since the dollar amounts did not match up. The website thought it was supposed to be 223 some dollars(American) and when I paid via paypal and after converting it to Can. $ on the website it was 222 something. I was wondering if anyone on here has had similar problems with AVS or knows if they have a vendor account on here or anything. I immediately sent an email to someone there that had previously contacted me, I even went so far as to call the number on the website at about 3:30 pm Cali time, only to hear the phone ring for a good 2 mins. I have heard nothing from them, no return email, not even a shipping notice or an email saying something about the order being wonky. My credit card has been charged with the correct amount in Canadian dollars, so I am pretty choked that nothing has been sent back via email, but yet they have taken my money.

TL;DR: AVS took my money, I am unsure if they shipped my product due to lack of communication. What do?

Last edited by Gyawo; 02-27-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Reason:
Gyawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Kim57

Re: Avs

As I understand it if you used paypal you should be able to get a refund through them if you don't get the parts.
Kim
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Gyawo

I can file an item dispute, since I have not received any confirmation or am not very confident that what I ordered and paid for has not been shipped. However, they do recommend you settle any disputes with the business. Which hasn't been very successful so far. I sent an email using their contact page on the website, if I do not get a response from them within two days with that then I will be seeking a refund.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showgroups.php

Yes they are. You can find the member names at the link above. I would try to PM avs jason.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Gyawo

PM'd Jason, hopefully I get some information soon. Not very happy with the lack of response.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Gyawo

Kit came today, still with no response from anyone at AVS though. I like the looks of the kit but am very upset with the lack of communication, and the fact that I ordered the filler plates and they were never shipped. States them on the invoice, but none in the box.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

Sorry dude. I just got your PM. I was off all week. Since you are in Canada, shipping time does take a little longer then it does to the states. Anyways, I will get some filler plates out for you today to the same addy on your web order.

Thanks again for the business and sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
AVS_JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
Gyawo

No worries, I understand that shipping times to Canada are different, I was just expecting at least a notice that it was shipped at the very least. Thank you for dealing with this promptly upon your return and for sending the filler plates, I appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

Sounds good man. I also sent you a PM with the tracking info for those missing filler plates.
AVS_JASON is offline   Reply With Quote