The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
wildmanaaron

76 Chevy Cheyenne - Restomod -

Decided to share a little about a build I am currently working on now. I picked up what appeared to be a decent 1976 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2WD SWB truck from Alabama. I love the colors on this truck and the tiger woodgrain that came on the early 73-76 trucks in the interior. The bedsides were pretty nice, along with the tailgate, front fenders and the hood. I knew the rockers were very rusty along with the bed floor. At the time, I also figured it would need the kick panels possibly replaced. Of course the red interior was pretty rough, and when I got home to remove the carpeting I found a lot of surface rust.

She ran and drove decently so I decided to do a mild static drop using using CPP spindles, 1.5" lowering springs, and a shackle/hanger kit. The American Racing wheels that were on it definitely had to go for something more "hip" like a set of steel wheels with some original hubcaps. After searching car-part and eBay, I was finally able to get a set of Dodge 20" steel wheels, tires, adaptors and the yellow bowtie hub caps to add a little extra to the look of the truck. After getting some adaptors and then struggling to modify the VW clips to install the caps and making my own template, I was successful in getting them all installed.

I began sourcing parts for what I wanted to be a relatively stock exterior and interior with a better handling, slightly modified suspension and with a killer engine bay!
Attached Images

Last edited by wildmanaaron; 03-23-2018 at 01:00 PM.
wildmanaaron is offline   Reply With Quote