The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
75Dually

68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

So most of you on here know me by the 75Dually that I have been building. Well that truck is far enough along that I wanted to finally start my 68 GMC.

Some brief history; I got this truck a year ago and it has been sitting ever since. I sold the V6 and trans out of it a couple of days after I brought it home. It is an original Lubbock truck with no rust, OK there is some surface patina, but no cancer... So thankful for that!

For this build I will be cutting down the bed to make it a short bed. I am going to be laying rocker. I have also recently purchased a 2003 Tahoe which will become the donor for, well everything below the body shell. I'm going to be using most of this donor and body dropping the 68 on top of it. That way I don't have to reinvent the wheel on all the sub systems. I bet that a lot of you have thought about doing this very thing, and I hope this build helps both of us figure out all the issues. I know I will need some expert help along the way so I hope this is going to be a good discussion. I picked up the seats last night, they are in amazing shape (Thanks Cody Anderson!), and I have always liked the 60/40 split seats from the OBS Chevy/GMC trucks. They are super comfortable and look amazing in my opinion.

I have some basic ideas on what I want to do, but I've built enough vehicles to know that plans laid down now always change, so hold on this is going to be a fun ride!

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote