The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
DWC

Question from a 66' Burb guy

Hi Fella's, hope you don't mind me posting here but I thought as Burb guys you may have some advice. I have a 66' Burb and the seat setup is 60/40 for the front seats with the short side on the passenger side. This seat tumbles forward for access to the 2nd row. You guys get that extra door, I'm not so fortunate.

I'm thinking of updating to a late model seat setup, my wife is not crazy about the current factory seats. I was thinking a late model 90's Suburban 2nd row seat for my 1st row, it has a similar folding seat setup for 3rd row access. Would you guys have a suggestions for a similar seat that might work? Thanks!

Dave
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Monte Carlo Man

Re: Question from a 66' Burb guy

One thing that has caught my eye was the front bucket seats out of a 1995 Silverado Z/71 pick up truck with center console.

I had a '95 Crew Cab with no 3rd door and I bought a set of those seats off a guy that owned a junk yard, they came out of his own private personal truck and fit with some modifications to the seat mounts and I used the back seat in my truck, even though my truck was a Cheyenne and did not come with a back seat. Again, I had to use all the stock factory panels and seat belts to get it all to work in the '95.

You are lucky, because with a 1966, I don't know if they can even force you to put seat belts into it - because they were a option for many years before they became standard equipment.

If your wife is short or if you have a back problem, the power seats with adjustable lumbar support would make them look even more attractive.
Monte Carlo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I don't know what to tell you, but I HAVE to say... now that I finally found the owner of the sweet 66 burb... dude, your ride ROCKS!
I saw it last summer here in Columbus at the good guys.

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
AzDon

Two door burbs are soooo sweeeet!....
Regarding your dilemma..... There are a lot of foreign cars that use long sliders or tumble the passenger seat forward. I believe that jeeps tumble the seat forward and there are a multitude of aftermarket seats available for jeeps.
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
Sub71

Look for some second row seats out of a newer 4 dr tahoe, both sides fold forward. Some body on the site put a set in a blazer and it looked great.
Sub71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
DWC

Thanks for tips fella's. I was thinking 2nd row Burb/Tahoe seat would work but hadn't thought of extended cab, sports car, or jeep seats. My wife would really like, shall we say, "newer" seats. My biggest concern is making a new seat look OK in a 40+ yr old truck. Maybe if I could get the originals re-upholsered with some extra padding for the backside?? I really like that houndstooth material, do you think I could make it work in a 66'?

Hey Longhorn Man, thanks for the compliment. My family really likes the Burb, wife wanted a wagon but the Burb is cooler IMO. Those pic's are from Saturday and the endless monsoon. We were in the barn just across from our truck. We hit GG every year, I live over in Champaign county not too far away. Sure is nice having that GG show less than an hour away.

These 67-72 Burbs are growing on me, if I only had more garage space....
Dave
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #7
Coursey

Nice!

Any updated pics of the Burb?
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote