The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
85crewcab

Ol Yeller

I bought this back in 09 on a whim for $1000..I drove it for less than a year when I sold it to my brother for $1100. I saw one last weekend a few miles away in another town that had been converted to 1/2 ton suspension, shortbed and lowered, and thought to myself that it really looked good. So I asked my brother if he was interested in selling it back to me. When I first got the truck it made an odd intermittent knocking sound that sounded like the torque converter that has prgressively gotten worse, so he agreed to sell it back to me for $600. The next day the transmission went out on his 95 half ton extended cab, and he needed the money to repair it that day, so he called me and said if I had $350 he would give it back to me that day, so here it is. I want to put 1/2 ton front and rear, lower it a bit, shorten the bed and paint it a different color (per my wife)...
Attached Images

85crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
85crewcab

Re: Ol Yeller

Well I bought a complete front suspension today for $100 from a guy on another forum I frequent..duckuscrapus.com
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
luifer76

wow 350 bucks....cant beat that bro what are the plans with it?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
85crewcab

Well now that there are six of us,( me, wife, three kids, and one on the way) I need a family vehicle we can all go somewhere in. I've really been checking out the site the past week, and I really like the lowered CCSB trucks that I have seen on here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
85crewcab

Minor setback today, I put my spare optima battery in the truck, unbolted the converter to isolate the knocking noise. I fired it up and much to my surprise, the knock is still there. So now I have to figure out if I want to keep going or not. Its in such good shape I would hate to scrap it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Squareforceone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85crewcab View Post
Minor setback today, I put my spare optima battery in the truck, unbolted the converter to isolate the knocking noise. I fired it up and much to my surprise, the knock is still there. So now I have to figure out if I want to keep going or not. Its in such good shape I would hate to scrap it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't scrap it! thats clean of a truck for that but it on the back burner save some money and put in a better engine
Squareforceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
85crewcab

Quick update, I bought a complete shortbed frame today for $150..so now I have front and rear 1/2 ton suspension! Now it's time for cutting something up! I think I may have found a bed for it also through a guy I work with. Finally a little progress!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
mooseknuckles

thats one sweet deal man
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote