The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
gordyzx9r

Dash pad that covers the entire dash?

So, we plan on doing a resto on the C10 once a couple of other projects finish up...but in the meantime I'd like to figure out something for the dash.

When we bought it, it came with a grey fabric glued to the glove box door and the entire dash (from the window to the leading edge).

I took the fabric off the glove box door and was happy to find that it cleaned up perfect and the paint on the glove box door was in excellent shape after a liberal helping of goo-b-gone.

But the dash...they put a blue painters tape down on the entire dash so they could adhere the backing and grey fiber sheet to the dash. And the paint is trashed...so, a stock dash pad isn't going to work. I want something that covers the entire dash from the leading edge to the window. Vents aren't an issue right now since someone apparently decided at some point that heat and defrosted windows are for wussies.

So, before I just go to an upholstery shop and ask them to make a cheap custom dash pad does anyone sell one? Not the stock kind, but one that covers the entire dash from window to leading edge.
Attached Images