The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
WOLFMANmike

cheap seat covers

ok so right now im slowly fixing up my 72 burb as im newly on disability and now badly crunched for money its becoming harder to do what i want . so now for my question i can get a nice looking Saddle Blanket seat cover for my front bench seat for like $34.00 on ebay but i want one for my mid seat aswell right behind my main seat . so do any of you know the measurements of this seat ? or maybe have used a seat cover in similar as to what i want ? like would be a bench seat cover for a mini truck that would fit that seat ? any help would be so great thanks
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
olblue60@aol.com

Re: cheap seat covers

Suburbans have two different second seat sizes. If your truck never had a third row seat and the one in the truck goes side to side with no space to get by into the back, then its the same cover as the front seat. if it is the narrower seat, I'm not sure, but its the same width as the blazer rear seat. Suburban seats, unlike pickup seat covers are visable in the back and need covering on the seatbacks. There is a seat vendor often on the board "Truckseats " which can clear up the measurements of the shorter seat if thats what you have in the back. He's always very helpful.
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
WOLFMANmike

Yes mine is the short seat how do I find this guy and ask him ?
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
olblue60@aol.com

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=602727

Here is one of his current threads that he is running. You can reach him here. This add is for bucket seats, but he wil respond anyway.
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMANmike View Post
ok so right now im slowly fixing up my 72 burb as im newly on disability and now badly crunched for money its becoming harder to do what i want . so now for my question i can get a nice looking Saddle Blanket seat cover for my front bench seat for like $34.00 on ebay but i want one for my mid seat aswell right behind my main seat . so do any of you know the measurements of this seat ? or maybe have used a seat cover in similar as to what i want ? like would be a bench seat cover for a mini truck that would fit that seat ? any help would be so great thanks

Hi Mike,

to the board. A lot of guys use the blanket seat covers. They look nice and are pretty reasonably priced.

There are two different second seats, a full seat and a three quarter seat. The 3/4 seat you can get past to get in the back and the full seat you can't. The full seat is basically the same size as the front seat. I don't have a 3/4 seat so I don't know the measurements on that. Let's see if someone chimes in that has one.

LockDoc

Edit: I guess I need to hit the refresh button more often...

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
C10 Club Tennessee

Mike, also keep in mind most of the bench seat covers that are out there are for trucks, so in other words, you are going to see the original back of the seat. I'm going with 3 blankets for all of my seats, because I didn't want to be able to see the back of all three seats.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote