The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
Jaysonb

1980 Short Stepper Budget Build

I picked up this truck a few months back, but I was in the process of building a new shop, so it has sort of been on the back burner till now. It's in pretty rough shape, and I payed a little to much for it, but there is not much rust on it, as it was a California truck. I did what I could to make it drive right away, and used it a little for the summer. It has a 250 straight 6, and a th350. I had to yank and rebuild the trans, rebuild the carb, and rebuild the complete front end. The guy I bought it from started working on the suspension, he installed a flip in the rear, and drop springs, and spindles in the front. I put in some drop shocks, threw on some MB old school wheels (18s in the front, 20s on the rear) and had some fun driving it. Now the shop is done, and there is snow on the ground, so I decided to get at it. I cant find the pics of when I brought it home, it had red rally's on it, but looks pretty much as it does now.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote