The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
jbailly

Garage Find? Dad's '67 Impala

Hi guys,
August 18,2017 will forever be a sad day for me. That is the day my Dad passed away. On to his Impala, not sure it counts as a garage find since I've known it was there since 2000 and in another garage since new, but anyway. It has a 275 horsepower 327 with power glide, AM radio, power brakes, power steering, and not much else, the skirts may have been optional as well, Royal Plum Metallic with Black Vinyl interior. He ordered it and the original title was dated Nov. 1966. The car only has 33,xxx miles and the last safety inspection ran out April 1978. I have the original window sticker and the original salesman's handwritten order slip. It was the get away car in their wedding Oct. 5, 1968. There isn't much I don't know about this car. Over the next few months I hope to get it running and driving again. When I went to start it with a new fresh battery it wouldn't start and acted like it had no spark, I went ahead and ordered all new ignition except wires and plugs. I may have to drop the gas tank as the gauge now spins like a clock. Anyway sorry for the long winded intro. Now onto the pictures.
Attached Images