The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
ahlsy

1972 K20 Suburban

Hello everyone. Love the forum. I've been lurking here for a while, enjoying all the build threads, and figured I should contribute a little...

67-72 trucks have been my favorite. Never considered a suburban until I had a couple kids, and a single cab truck became unreasonable. So I started looking at suburbans... They really grew on me. But up here, they are pretty rare. So rare, I bought a 69 2wd last fall that's a basketcase. At least I had one. Aside from all the rust, it's not really what I wanted. 2wd and a half ton. I kept thinking that if it was only a 4wd 3/4 ton it would be worth the work for me to save it.

Long story short, I found this one a month ago. Shortly after that I made it my own. I flew up last weekend to where it was in northern BC, and drove it straight home. About 1000 miles with no issues. So far very happy with my purchase. It's no prize winner, but it has just about everything I was looking for. It's even the right colour...

The plan here is to make this a reliable daily driver for now,while it's little brother (1952 Willys Wagon that's higher on the project list)) is in the shop getting a frame off rebuild/modernization. Then in a couple years (a little bit of dreaming here) maybe a 6.0 liter swap and a good paint job. That's a long way off though. First thing will be to fix all the small issues. It has a few. The biggest one right now is the missing 2nd and 3rd row seats. But the engine seems strong (if not a little bit leaky), and the little bit of rust that I can find seems manageable so I think this will make a great driver for now...

Also, I'll have to come up with a name...
Attached Images

ahlsy is offline   Reply With Quote