The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #26
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Do you spend much time thinking about ...

I myself believe they exist and visit too. I was camping in the Black Rock desert and have watched them. Me and about twelve others. I know they exist because we had run out of alcohol the day before. Thus I was unusually sober.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

I have seen a bright light, like a star or plane coming straight at you, on a clear no moon night with my girlfriend. It appeared to be over the mountain ridge at our horizon. We both watched it jump instantly to many miles away, then do some zig-zags, then zip to a spot that would be a good ten or more miles away and stand still again, instantaneously. It moved like nothing I have ever seen. It was definitely in the distance and very bright like landing lights, not a bug. We were on the farm where we lived in a field, a remote area.

One time before that, when I was in Florida, she claimed she had a huge craft lower down and hover over her. She reported it, had people come out, the whole 9 yards. This was back when ET, Star Wars, and Close Encounters were big and I didn't put much stock in her claim, to be honest. She was the type who would love to have this happen to. No claims of abduction, but I dunno... . I'm not sure I believe that one to this day.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #28
Spartan

If the cosmos is bigger than I can comprehend, maybe life elsewhere exists even though that is also hard for me to comprehend.

The SR-71 blackbird (still the fastest) was conceptualized in the mid 50's and finished and tested by the late 50's. although it isn't technically what we would call stealth today, it was back then. Fast forward today and aircraft potential is only limited by the frailty of the human being. I have a friend who was in the navy and he told me they have a nuclear powered aircraft. It can stay aloft until the pilots get hungry... problem is if it ever got hit it would rain down nuclear materials...so the powers that be decided satellites were the best way to stay aloft indefinitely.

And finally CG... a recent conspiracy theory is that humans have been flying around in space since WWII. Aliens gave a few people the tech and ZOOM! we were off and running. Evidently there's a base under the ice shelf in Antarctica from which we do this stuff.

I dont really care. I wouldn't mind meeting some other life form from space but I also think slugs are pretty unique.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 AM   #29
mygmctruck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I don't know if there is intelligent life in outer space, but I can't think of a better place to look for it
I think we could stand more of down here .
Old 08-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #30
mygmctruck1

My brother in law was in air craft maintenance , top secret facility in Florida. He said we have stuff no one has seen yet and by the time we do , there’s something more advanced being developed to replace it. He’s been out now for 15 yrs and still can’t talk about this stuff.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #31
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Do you spend much time thinking about....aliens?
Nope.

I'm thinking about whether a half a thousandth of an inch variation on my main bearing clearance is going to be ok.

I'm so far down "in there" I don't have any brainpower left over to think about what's "out there".

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 08-14-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #32
Ironworking

It's hard enough trying to find intelligent life forms on earth!

Have you spent much time talking to people under 35?

Geez, does anyone know how to grow a garden anymore?
Old 08-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #33
67C10Step

Ironworking,
I heard this the other day: The two most common elements in the earth's atmosphere right now are nitrogen and stupidity. Made me laugh out loud.

I don't spend much, if any, time thinking about aliens. Maybe after I see one or have been abducted I might. Not saying they don't exist but they are in my bigfoot file. I am waiting to see one before I really believe.

Seems to be a lot of shows on about them right now. I remember a show on Project Blue Book that I used to watch in the late 1970's or early 1980's but I've not spent a lot of time thinking or worrying about them.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #34
Ironworking

67C10Step , Nah, me neither. My wife an i saw a UFO back in the early 80s. As close as standing under an overpass on the interstate.

We kept it too ourselves.

Years later the gov acknowledged they had built a jet that can hover. Take off and land vertically. It turns out it was a Harrier. LOL

If there is a life form so evolved they can travel gazillions of miles at light speed, and they can carry enough supplies in such a small space; then why haven't those lil frockers told us how to stop all the wars, the garbage dumps and do away with fossil fuel vechicles?

Just saying.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #35
weq92f

We have data now that pretty clearly indicates a liquid ocean beneath the surface ice on Europa, one of Jupiters moons. Enceladus, which orbits Saturn is another moon in our Solar System that most likely does have a liquid ocean beneath its icy surface.

We know that right here on Earth, thermal vents on the bottom of our oceans harbor many forms of life! That these vents and the subsequent marine ecosystems that formed around them were likely some of the very first hot spots for life on this planet long before the land became home to green vegetation and other flora.

Whether we find life somewhere other than Earth and whether it's found somewhere close by or we discover evidence of if far, far away is just a matter of time in my opinion.

There are just too many opportunities in the Universe for life to have evolved just as it has here on Earth. The Universe is so packed full of galaxies. Estimates range all over the place but a good consensus among those that know is that there are about one hundred billion galaxies in the Universe.

Our planet exists in the Milky Way Galaxy and orbits our star which we call the Sun. Also in our Galaxy we know that there are hundreds of Billions of other stars, many of which also have planets orbiting them. It is in these other Solar Systems ( Systems consisting of a central star being orbited by other bodies including rocky planets, gas giants and other debris ) where we will find a rocky world orbiting its star in the habitable zone ( where liquid water can exist on the surface of the planet ). Many have already been located!

In recent years scientists have begun to use new techniques to locate these potentially habitable planets orbiting remote stars. Further refinement of tools and methods will allow us eventually to be able to peer into the atmosphere of these worlds ( those that align properly with us and traverse between their home star and Earth ) to gain even more knowledge.

So, to sum up the math here...
100 Billion Galaxies in the Universe
Our single Galaxy, the Milky Way has over 100 Billion stars
Number of potential stars that may have a rocky world orbiting in the habitable zone...
well it's a very large number...something like 10 to the 22nd power.

My .02

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
Old 08-14-2019, 01:45 PM   #36
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

So, to sum up the math here...
100 Billion Galaxies in the Universe
Our single Galaxy, the Milky Way has over 100 Billion stars
Number of potential stars that may have a rocky world orbiting in the habitable zone...
well it's a very large number...something like 10 to the 22nd power.

My .02

-klb
So, maybe?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #37
Ironworking

I asked HIM: Are you sure?

He said: I am 98% sure!

I said: So, you really don't know then?

I am reasonably sure that everyone of us has heard all the malarky about how many stars and how many billions of possible universes and so on and so on.

Not impressed!

Civilization as we know it will not last beyond 2060. I am 100% convinced ot that. Although, i am very likely to have passed away before then.

The next civilization will see the error of man's ways (buildling machines & etc...) and they will forbid such behavior. It will be abhorred.

And they will no longer teach war. Period!

Lastly, no man will live in a house he did not build nor eat food he did not grow.

There will no longer be fiat currency. There will be a barter system only!

You may not believe these words. That is your prerogative. I believe them will all my heart and soul.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #38
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
So, maybe?
For sure...there is life out there. We are not alone.

But we may as well be LOL! The distances involved are absolutely insane large. Even if we found humans at Alpha Centari or whereever, it would make no material difference to us other than to just have the knowledge that there really is life out there.

I don't believe we have had visitors, no. If some civilization is sufficiently advanced to be able to travel hundreds or even thousands of light years, I'm pretty sure they would not be interested in us or our accomplishments to date.

They might want to take this beautiful planet away from us because they probably see that we are destroying it. That is also a possibility!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
Old 08-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #39
Ironworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

If some civilization is sufficiently advanced to be able to travel hundreds or even thousands of light years, I'm pretty sure they would not be interested in us or our accomplishments to date.

They might want to take this beautiful planet away from us because they probably see that we are destroying it. That is also a possibility!

-klb
Yes, sir. I would have to agree with this statement. An if they wanted to take it; they obviously would with very little effort.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #40
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire84 View Post
If there so advanced then why do they keep crashing into the earth? Are they student drivers? Are they texting and flying? Are they putting on there makeup? Let's not go to the female driving aspect.
They send the dumb ones here
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #41
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

...and what if... just follow me here... WE are the aliens.

Mind blown, right?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #42
The Rocknrod

They'd have to fold time/space to get here. Maybe.
I spend spend more time thinking about the fact that blazer2007's shed stinks.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #43
Ironworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
I worry more about the DEA helicopter that keeps flying over my garden watching my okra plants.Well,they are also looking for meth labs out in the woods next to me!
Mike.
That is how they look for pot growing too!

Tomatoes plants make good cover though.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #44
A1971Blazer

pretty sure most of the alien stuff revolves around Uranus...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
Old 08-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #45
1976gmc20

In all my years working out in remote areas, plus camping, hiking, horseback riding, etc., I have seen exactly one aerial object that I couldn't identify as some sort of conventional aircraft. Several times I have been overflown at very low altitudes by military aircraft, but apparently Bigfoot and Aliens have been scrupulously avoiding me. I find this rather rude and inconsiderate of them, considering much of that time I was alone and could have easily disappeared without a trace, or at the very least would not have been believed because there were no other witnesses

Anyway … one time I was out camping by myself in the mountains of central Montana. My usual activities were hiking several miles in various directions, and just hanging around camp enjoying the sunshine and peace of the mountains. One afternoon I happened to look up and see a big silver cylinder gliding along maybe two or three miles away. It looked for all the world like an unpainted C-130 without any wings or tail or engines. In a few seconds it disappeared behind a timbered ridge. Now I know that planes up high can be distorted by the sunlight but this one wasn't that high above the hills, and it never made any sound at all which is why I doubt that it was a normal aircraft.

But, no - I don't spend much time thinking about it. This thread just caused me to remember it again.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 08-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #46
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
...and what if... just follow me here... WE are the aliens.

Mind blown, right?
Not really. We're the ones that need the sunscreen. That, and we hunt kill eat everything else.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 08-15-2019, 04:53 AM   #47
toolboxchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I think we should find Bigfoot 1st before leaving the big room looking for others
You know why we never see bigfoot babies?

They eat their young! GGrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 AM   #48
cornerstone

Aliens are definitely real. I see them EVERY DAY here in Texas. The fact is, I had 2 of them working for me many years ago, so I really can prove it. Those 2 were some of my best help. After I found out where they came from I was shocked! For fear of what the authorities would do to me AND them, I hired a lawyer to help them be able to blend in, like they were from Texas, and keep myself out of trouble as well. Eventually these 2 aliens married. One of them has even been able to replicate himself and made two more that look just like him, except they are quite a bit smaller than he is.

Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #49
Ironworking

cornerstone So, you are the coyote whose been bringing in the aliens! LOL
Old 08-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #50
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I found this version of a recent video. A little bit of a build up but they do get to it a minute or so in.

Closed Thread