The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #451
slick copper

Re: Project...praise the lowered

Nice man. You're sooo close! Can't wait to see some pics of it at some shows or doing a big ole burnout!

1967 Chevy C/10 LWB Custom Optioned "big window truck" AKA Copper

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=452594
The story of how I got the truck:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=450939
Ole Smokey Build Thread 2002 Silverado 8.1L Crew Cab **SOLD**http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618402
slick copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #452
(joey)

as always thanks for the complements and for still following the build.and i promise to have some show/burnout pics this summer.so im still wide open.since my last update i did a bunch of odds and ends,masked and sprayed the truck,installed outer mirrors,outer door handles,inner door panels,window winder and inner door handles with new bushings,installed the grill,mocked up the front bumper,removed painted and detailed various engine parts plus more stuff i cant think of.and heres some pics to prove it haha.i included my fan shroud i mentioned before.....

Old 04-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #453
oldman3

Looking gooood....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #454
67cheby
67cheby

Great progress !
Posted via Mobile Device
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #455
(joey)

more updates from today.i didnt have alot of time to work at it but still made some headway.so i started by fabing a couple bumper brackets that i will weld to my custom rad support mount,tires showed up at work and they look great,and i figured out my headlight issue.the problem was i ran my sierra headlight harness to the front,because i was going to use the stock 67 headlights i bought new plug in`s like the org 67 had.then i decided to go with the newer conversion 5 3/4 headlights that took a newer style bulb.the sierra one wouldnt fit up.so before i went in search for the right bulbs and harness to splice in i took out the plastic plugs for the new headlights and modified them to accept the style bulb from the sierra.they fit in place perfect.check out the pics to see what i mean.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #456
67cheby
67cheby

nice work and good thinking !
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #457
67c10rustbuket

Looking nice Joey, lots of good ideas. Congrats on the future little man!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #458
(joey)

a quick update.....since last week i got my bumper brackets stitched in place.a little adjustment then i will have them fully welded,i got the carpet glued in place and the seats mounted for the last time,polished and installed my valve cover`s with the coil packs for the last time,spent hours and hours cleaning up and lengthening the headlight wiring harness,wired and installed my new front blinkers,installed the complete front head light assembly and some other small stuff.and have a cool story..on saturday i went to an open house/car show at the biggest hotrod shop on the east coast of canada.the place is amazing.nothing but top notch super high quality work.its called Untamed - Rods & Customs if you wanted to look them up.it was well worth the 3 hour drive to get there.anyways..me and the wife were looking around when she thought she heard some one call my name.i didnt recognize the person so i kept looking at one of the rods.he and his buddy ended up coming over asking if my name was joey.it turns out hes a member on the forum and has been following my build from when i first started.it also turns out hes starting a c10 project of his own and only lives about 20 mins away.kind of funny after driving past his house dozens of times we meet up 3 hours away from home.....so anyways heres some pics.(i only have a few.most stuff i did wasnt that exciting)

Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #459
mjensen

That is looking awesome! Great job.

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #460
67cheby
67cheby

Cool story !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #461
oldman3

You're getting closer and closer.....Jim
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #462
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

sweet!, you've been making some serious progress. are those signal light led?
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #463
almstlo

cab looks great!!!!...it must have been hell with all that rust
almstlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #464
(joey)

thanks guys.i picked away at it more this week.bumper brackets welded and painted,wiring ect.i hope to get a lot done this weekend.possibly get some wood for the bed.the turn signals are just a regular peanut bulb.7 bucks for the pair at a local over stock store.and the cab was hell at times.but fixing it saved me a ton of cash.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #465
buck6910

hey joey you truck is kick ass and being from the east coast my self i feel your pain on the rust here it sucks but im loving your buld shame your not in the old shop down the road anymore but i can sure see your all your dad as he builds *****en cars to his ia also looking good your dad is the reason i want to be a autobody tech looken at your truck makes me wanna work on my old chevy but i bought a dodge and im not much likeing it keep up the good work dude from gordie
Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #466
(joey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck6910 View Post
hey joey you truck is kick ass and being from the east coast my self i feel your pain on the rust here it sucks but im loving your buld shame your not in the old shop down the road anymore but i can sure see your all your dad as he builds *****en cars to his ia also looking good your dad is the reason i want to be a autobody tech looken at your truck makes me wanna work on my old chevy but i bought a dodge and im not much likeing it keep up the good work dude from gordie
thanks gordie.yeah the old man built some cool rides over the years.i think it got alot of us out of the house and wrenching on something.get back at that truck.start a build thread.these guys will keep you motivated.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #467
(joey)

well i have been WFO the last couple days.and its paying off.im just going to list what i have done and follow up with pics...installed fan relay with heat sensor,polished fan shroud and installed fan with wiring for the final time,traced a ton of wires,got the rear tail light wires ready to hook up,installed the tail gate for the final time,cut and re welded a bed cross member that had an issue,cleaned and installed the rear end cover,installed the gas tank vent tube,installed the battery ground cable,did body work to the front bumper then primed/painted and installed it,lengthened and installed low coolant sensor wires,welded gussets on the pan hard bar brackets,cleaned up wires that were no longer needed under the hood,bought my bed wood then cut it to fit the main floor of the box.then stained it with stain i made my self,then brushed on 2 coats of clear,i couldnt find a wheel adapter for the newer style steering column so i went ahead with modifying mine with out the air bag.so i foamed it,shaped and sanded it when it was hardened,wrapped it in foil and laid some fiber glass.once it was hard i shaped it and im undecided which rout to go but i think i may leather wrap it.stay tuned to see.
i know i did more but im exhausted and cant think lol

Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #468
oldman3

You've been a busy guy, bumper and bed wood look great, nice job.....Jim
Old 05-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #469
67cheby
67cheby

Holy smokes you are kicking it !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #470
kvn1011
Kvn1011

Wow!! I like what you have done!!!
kvn1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #471
(joey)

busy day again fellas.today i painted my cowl,the hood again (had water issues last time i sprayed)....then it burnt in one spot so i sprayed it one more time. hope fully the last,installed the plates for the hood pins where they stick through the hood,sprayed inside my shot gun scoop,installed a horn and horn button,brushed 2 more coats of clear on the wood,cut the wood strips that run vertical up my enclosure box,and went through the nightmare of finishing my tail lights.using the sierra harness it seams like they used a different bulb for every light function.so to solve my problem i installed a new light socket on both rear tail lights for the blinkers.god i hate wiring.so after making quick half a$$ brackets and seals i finally have tail lights with the new lenses in place.but because i couldnt use the brake switch from the sierra,(hard to explain but it was made for the brake booster setup that came on it)...im now going to order a prop valve with a built in brake switch.all that being said..heres some pics

Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #472
c10stepside

good looking truck, these trucks have alot of potential
c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #473
c10stepside

good looking truck, these trucks have alot of potential
c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #474
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Just so ya know your taillight lenses are upside down or im a dumb ass your choice..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #475
(joey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Just so ya know your taillight lenses are upside down or im a dumb ass your choice..
lol.i will go for they are upside down.only reason is where i installed the new blinker bulb and socket at the bottom part of the light it lined up close to perfect with the circle design of the lens.looks good when flashing.good eye