The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
tylordurben

1950 GMC Project...

Sup everyone,

this is a 50 GMC that sat in a barn for some 30 years, has og paint and well everything else too. my client picked it up from NC last weekend to have me build it for him. at first he wanted me to build a Chevy truck (the Old Navy ones) but when he bought it, its missing everything! so he picked this up now.

phase 1 is suspension. he wants airbags so that the running boards touch the floor (or as close as possible given the supports underneath them), so a Mustang II front end is going to replace the front leaf set-up. Most of the kit is already here, tubular a-arms and rack and pinion steering with dropped spindles and disc brakes. the rear will be a simple mono-leaf with lowering blocks and a C-notch.

phase 2 will be a motor, everyones favorite SBC with 350 trans.

so enough bable here are some pics... but first if anyone has good links or info on doing this job please post them here for me to reference them, thanks!

pics:

Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote