The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

Mounts not lining up.

I tried setting my engine into the frame tonight and the motor mounts don't line up. It looks like the towers have to be moved half to one inch further apart. I never did much in depth research on this as it seemed like it would be straight forward. I'm running the towers that were on the truck with the sbc, center mount engine mounts, and moroso adapter plates.

I'm not sure if I should be hacking and welding, finding a way to adapt what is there, building from scratch, looking at buying a different setup or what would be best. On a side note, it looks like the factory ls3 exhaust manifolds aren't going to work either unless getting this mounting issue solves the clearance issue enough that they can be made to work.

The pictures I'm attaching show the driver's side mount bolted down to the tower, the other 2 show where it sits on the tower.
Attached Images

2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.

Last edited by Nova_Cobra64; 05-24-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote