The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
jason999

My window comes off track - Help

Hello,

My driver side window can slide backward and forward slightly, when it is partially open. This allows the window to slide rearward slightly and move out of the verticle felt channel, just behind the vent window.

This allows the window to move inward, toward the drivers seat. You then have to roll it down some, and push it forward slightly before you can properly roll it up.

I just disassembled and reassembled it, but that didn't fix the problem. Sorry the pictures are displaying sideways for some reason.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Jason
Attached Images

Last edited by jason999; 07-27-2015 at 03:13 PM.
jason999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
jason999

Re: My window comes off track - Help

Ok, so I just went outside and took the panel off of the passenger door. It looks like there is a track at the door latch side on my passenger side door. The track is missing on my driver side door. My weather stripping just hangs loose inside the door. In other words, the window on rides on the vent window track, inside the door.

My driver door had a bear claw latch installed by the PO, which I have removed. I am guessing the track was removed at that time. Where can I get the track that holds the weather stripping? How/where does it attach?
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason999 View Post
Hello,

My driver side window can slide backward and forward slightly, when it is partially open. This allows the window to slide rearward slightly and move out of the verticle felt channel, just behind the vent window.

This allows the window to move inward, toward the drivers seat. You then have to roll it down some, and push it forward slightly before you can properly roll it up.

I just disassembled and reassembled it, but that didn't fix the problem. Sorry the pictures are displaying sideways for some reason.

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Jason
ide have to say its the window regulator ... and also the channel that is on the back side of the door meaning closest to you or when the door is opened it would be the channel pointing out away from the truck .. there are 2 screws that hold this channel in place if they are lose at all the channel will move inside the door and force the window to come off track .. but most likely its gonna be the regulator hope this helps Happy Truckin
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Ok, so I just went outside and took the panel off of the passenger door. It looks like there is a track at the door latch side on my passenger side door. The track is missing on my driver side door. My weather stripping just hangs loose inside the door. In other words, the window on rides on the vent window track, inside the door.

My driver door had a bear claw latch installed by the PO, which I have removed. I am guessing the track was removed at that time. Where can I get the track that holds the weather stripping? How/where does it attach?
WOW POs never cease to amaze me lol ok yeah that track is very important see in the pic you posted there is a open hole down past the latch that is where the screw would go to hold in the missing channel and also there should be another one up higher ... as for where to buy one let me try to trake that down for ya here in a min
Old 07-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
WOLFMANmike

Quote:

ok freds truck parts said to call him his name is kyle the number is 760-215-0269 he says he has a few of them
Old 07-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
The Rocknrod

Santa Maria
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #7
jason999

Thanks guys. That window was driving me crazy.

The rear channel was just gone! I got lucky and found one on craigslist from some nice folks about 5 miles away. I also got a few other parts. I'll try to get it installed tomorrow.

I will have to do something about the big hole in my door eventually, though.

Thanks