The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2015, 05:16 AM   #10
84blaze

Re: Project: Patina (1949 Chevrolet 1434)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
your airbar looks to have fared about as well as mine haha. why did ART use such wimpy powdercoat on these?

I had another used one for my last truck and ended up making everything new except the diff mount. I am thinking this one will go down that same slope. Luckily, if you need new bushings (you need new bushings by the way, those rubber ones ride great but are not forever parts) they are only about $150 bucks TOTAL from ART (you wont need the bumpstops, I was making special snubbers for the tilt bed and long soft ones for the notch)

that is the threaded parts too, so you can chase the bars with a tap or I just made new bars. I have the bar stock dims if you need them.
Thanks for the info man. I'll definitely be ordering new bushings for the AirBar.

The nice thing about this AirBar is that it was free. The s10 I removed it from got converted to static before I sold it allowing me to rape it of all its air ride components. Even after doing all that I still made a few grand on it once it was sold! I wouldn't use this kit if it wasn't free. It's a pretty ****ty kit IMO
84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote