The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

whats the correct CPP proportioning valve for 4 wheel disc

Mann, CPP has some crappy crappy customer service. ill skip to that later.

so using their site its confusing so i just ordered it from Summit. I used their filter and when rear disc is selected the brass version
PV-24BH is shown, but only shows "Brake Proportioning Valve, Fixed, Brass, Natural, Each" as the description and CPP only says Black GM-style prop valve, ea. for similar PV-24BBH.... which may be Black Brass Housing - BBH??
on top of that confusing non sense, the photos are generic across summit/CPP/ and even ebay with cpp selling it..

either way, on their site it seems any PV-2 is a disc / drum application and any pv-4 is disc/disc

called summit and got through pretty quickly and unfortunately he basically did what i did.. use the drop down menu... needless to say im not confident in putting this on, not for a lack of quality, but lack of confirmation that this indeed is for disc/disc. Ive ran the stock prop valve with 4wheel disc for last 7 years no problems but was like why not get one ment for the task...

super frustrating to hang on the line for 30+ minutes -CPP- to specifically get a person to talk to instead of pressing the button to leave a message that they probably wont even return only to get to the point where the phone rings and ... and... leave a message... emailed them yesterday and still no reply.

and the quality on the prop valve tool to keep the valve centered is a joke.. like for real, a JOKE. threads are smaller diameter than the actual switch so its reminds me of a stick shift car with worn out shifter bushings... at first i thought somehow it was cross treading, but nope, miked it and its threads are .015 smaller so it just wiggles inside untill it touches the valve... it basically wedges its threads against the prop valve threads..

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 07-12-2019 at 10:11 PM.
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote