The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
daytonagp4

My turn...83 shortbed 4x4 56k lots of pics

Well here it is....I've had this turd for 5 years now and it's went many different ways. I've finally decided what to do. At first I traded it for a 4 wheeler and I planed on throwing a new engine in and hitting the trails. Well as I got into the truck more I noticed that the frame was painted and the cab was in REALLY good shape. So I decided to make a nice truck out of it. Well as I went along I got the cab painted and set cleaned the frame a little and when I went to hang fenders .....I found out that the frame was bent. So the search was on. I found one after a year of searching and basically I’m doing a high-end build on a low-end budget. That’s what's taken me so long. I've almost got the interior done and the fenders are at my painters now. I'm hoping to have her running by may for my 4x4 Jambo in Lima. specs....

1979 C10 Frame completely blasted and 3 coats of por 15 and 2 of duplicolor silver
3/4 ton 14 bolt rearends with 3:73 in them painted with Dupont Emron gloss black with mickey thompson 39.5 claws/classic 2 rims
5.3 engine out of a 01' Silverado with 90,xxxx on it with a turbo 400 trans
The seat came out of a 08 rear ext cab. We threw them out at my old job I mounted old seat rail to it.
Paint is dupont Base/clear gloss black.
Im hoping to get some air brushing done on it when it's done. Hope you enjoy.
List of needs: Nice pass side fuel tank and thats about it lol the rest is wiring and fuel/brake lines

this is the old frame.....................i was just showing the seat.

her name is "Night terror" this will be airbrush on the rear diff

this is the tribal i want on the side

Last edited by daytonagp4; 03-09-2011 at 12:40 AM.
daytonagp4 is offline   Reply With Quote