The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
slowcpe

Need real world advice on air management

It looks like I sold my other truck last night and my Porterbuilt shipment should arrive tomorrow so now its time to order my air management. I've never had air ride before and only rode in one truck with it and that was Ride Tech's shop truck and was very impressed. I appreciate any advice you guys with air ride can give me.

My truck is a '67 short stepper. I purchased PB's Stage I front and Stage II Basic rear with Dominator 2600 bags. The truck currently has McGaughy drop spindles and 2" blocks in the rear. I'm planning on completing the rear to the Stage II Deluxe and add a mild front dropmember and control arms next winter. Goal is obviously a good riding and handling driver.

So now to my dilemma: I can't seem to decide which route to go on air management. From what I've read, I really can't make a bad decision so that's why I'm looking for real world advice. I also cannot make of my mind on biting the bullet and get a leveling system right off the bat. I've got the money for it, but would cut into my short-term budget. Is it really worth the money?

Here's what I'm looking at:

AZ Pro Performance Pro 2 kit with dual compressors and single 5-gallon tank. From what I've seen and talking to Travis this is the best bang-for-the-buck system out there. However with their special on leveling systems this month it would save me about $300 if I do the AccuAir e-Level with Rocker Switch and i-Level control now as opposed to later. Very tempting. Again is the e-Level worth it?

RideTech's RidePRO e-3 setup with larger single compressor with 5-gallon tank. The main reasons I like their setup is a) they are a local company for me and b) I really like their controller better than AccuAir. This setup is more than the Pro Performance kit but if you add the ride sensors and the fact they are offering 10% off today the kit comes in slightly less than the AccuAir kit but I lose the phone control. That can always be added later.

So again I'm looking for other guys' experiences to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Need real world advice on air management

I currently have the Ride Pro on my 77 and it is a very good system. If I had to do it again, I would strongly consider the Accuair. I have been told that it installs easier, and the set up is a piece of cake.

Tough choice, go with your gut.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
CHRIS67GMC

Ridetech all the way I have there kits installed on a ton of car 0 issues. I like the using the ride height sensors with them. Plus 10% off cant go wrong. Order through me and I will throw in shipping.
CHRIS67GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
superflysteiny

I would run accuair if I were you. It is by far the best air management on the market. If you look or follow the board. The big name builders will tell you the same thing. I have built 4 of these trucks and have had experience with both systems. E level is a superior product. There may be some that disagree but that is my experience. I hope it helps. Thanks
superflysteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
dznucks

I only have experience with accuair. I am running the e-level system on a daily driver. Absolutely love it. Their customer service and tech help is great, plus they keep adding options to the original system. Never know what they are going to dream up next.

The only problems I have had is due to my own ignorance when jumping the battery and frying the computer. The easy fix is to install a diode inline to the power wire going to the system. I recommend this with any air management system, or computerized ignition system for that matter. MSD has instructions on how to do this.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
slowcpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I currently have the Ride Pro on my 77 and it is a very good system. If I had to do it again, I would strongly consider the Accuair. I have been told that it installs easier, and the set up is a piece of cake.

Tough choice, go with your gut.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS67GMC View Post
Ridetech all the way I have there kits installed on a ton of car 0 issues. I like the using the ride height sensors with them. Plus 10% off cant go wrong. Order through me and I will throw in shipping.
Thanks for the offer. However given their HQ is less than an hour from my house, free shipping doesn't entice me too much Not having to pay sales tax.....that's another story

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
I would run accuair if I were you. It is by far the best air management on the market. If you look or follow the board. The big name builders will tell you the same thing. I have built 4 of these trucks and have had experience with both systems. E level is a superior product. There may be some that disagree but that is my experience. I hope it helps. Thanks
This helps a lot. Given the level of your builds and the fact you have experience with both speaks volumes. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznucks View Post
I only have experience with accuair. I am running the e-level system on a daily driver. Absolutely love it. Their customer service and tech help is great, plus they keep adding options to the original system. Never know what they are going to dream up next.

The only problems I have had is due to my own ignorance when jumping the battery and frying the computer. The easy fix is to install a diode inline to the power wire going to the system. I recommend this with any air management system, or computerized ignition system for that matter. MSD has instructions on how to do this.
Thank you! I never would have thought of that. Will definitely have to take that into consideration.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
PBFAB.COM

Go with Accuair... you won't be disappointed.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
mooseknuckles

Accuair...
Attached Images

mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
BowlerJon

Ridetech E3 all the way! builders like Ring brothers, Rad rides, Roadster Shop, etc all support The Ridetech brand

Last edited by BowlerJon; 01-28-2014 at 10:01 AM.
BowlerJon is offline   Reply With Quote