The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
AnobleL74

66 SWB handling/steering questions

will try to keep this concise and clear .
66 c10 with 73 c10 front suspension and power steering and power disc brakes, rear drums on a 1973 3:31 12 bolt. all suspension and steering have been recently rebuilt stock, except it has Early Performance KY shocks and 3 " rear and 2" front lowering springs. does not have a sway bar on front or rear.

she drive straight and smooth down the highway and rides nice, I just drove it form FLA to San Diego and cruised 80 nicely,.

issue1. the steering is hyper sensitive, at speed if you move the wheel abruptly it will dart off to the weeds. soft touch on the wheel and she steers great. any ideas how to calm down the steering response, it is ok for me as I am used to it, but nervous for some one else to drive it that is not used to it.

issue 2. when cruising 75 to 80 and you hit some big dips in highway, she can bounce around a lot. calms right down but a little nerve racking when in trampoline mode.

appreciate any ideas, Allan
AnobleL74 is offline   Reply With Quote